& Food Safety Supervisor, 2nd Shift - Grinnell, IA 50112
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
include but are not limited to the following duties. Other duties may be
assigned as needed.
- Assist in overseeing Quality
and Food Safety Programs (HACCP-Meat, Poultry, Seafood, Vegetables;
Labeling; GMPs; Internal Auditing, etc.),
including implementation, staff training and documentation.
- Work with USDA/FSIS Consumer
Safety Inspectors, FDA and State Regulatory Inspectors; Assist in the
obtaining environmental and product testing samples as needed.
- Assist with internal audit
program for quality and food safety plans.
- Conduct daily sensory
evaluation of foods being produced and packaged
- Use all required safety
equipment and consistently follow all food-related sanitation and
operating safety guidelines; ensures that food production staff does the
- Supervise Quality Assurance
Technicians (4-5); perform supervisor duties including attendance
- Take the initiative to see and
assign general cleaning tasks in work areas.
- Provide communication between
Quality Assurance Team and the Management Team.
- Perform any and all Quality
Assurance Tech responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as
assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Required: 2/4 Year Degree –
Food Science, Culinary Science
- Required: Certified in HACCP
for meat, poultry and seafood;
- Preferred (PCQI) Certificate in
Preventive Controls for Human Foods
- ServSafe Certification is a plus*
- Required: Previous work-related
experience in an USDA/FSIS inspected food manufacturing facility with
food safety and quality assurance.
- Required: Supervisory experience*
- Must be at least 18 years of
- Good communicator; must be able
to read/write/speak in English; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Strong computer (MS Office),
math, and measurement conversion skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
with problem-solving skills
- Must be able to discern colors
(Cannot be color blind)
- Able to obtain all required
certifications and renew as necessary
- Able to multi-task and
prioritize to meet deadlines
- Able to learn/adapt to changing
Physical, Mental, and Environmental
- Has the physical stamina to
stand and walk for long periods
- Able to push, pull, and lift up
to 50 pounds
- Has good visual perception as
needed to perform job duties
- Able to work in variable
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K Plan
- Purfoods Health & Dental Insurance
- Short-term & Long-term
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
Medical and/or Dependent Care
Job Type: Full-time