The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety and Quality Manager – Ocean Spray - Lakeville, MA, USA
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry farmers in the United States, Canada and Chile, who have helped preserve the family farming way of life for generations. The cooperative’s cranberries are currently featured in more than a thousand great tasting, good-for-you products in over 100 countries worldwide. With more than 2,000 employees and nearly 20 receiving and processing facilities, Ocean Spray is committed to managing our business in a way that respects our communities, colleagues and the environment.
Ocean Spray believes that our colleagues are our best assets and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative and passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world. If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can Grow, Own, Live and Drive your career every day, Ocean Spray is for you!
We are seeking a strategic thinking and action-oriented Food Safety and Quality Manager to join our Quality team. This position will lead efforts in the global program for certifications and requirements for Identity of Preserved foods for Organic, Kosher, Halal, BE/non-GMO and other claims. In addition, they will manage and optimize efficiencies for Food Safety and Quality Assurance policies and contribute to the overall Food Safety and Quality programs.
How this role contributes to the Organization:
• Effectively executes Ocean Spray policies regarding Identity of Preserved Foods (such as Organic, BE, Kosher, and Halal)
• Maintains, updates, and enhances Food Safety/QA documentation so that the policies are up-to-date and technically-sound
• Ensures compliance with appropriate certification agencies and audit readiness and builds external resources to keep up to date on current trends in food safety and quality
• Leads food safety initiatives for compliance with regulations with a strong emphasis on
• Performs food safety risk assessment and implements mitigation strategies
• Develops and implements improvement projects in the key areas of responsibility
What you bring to the role:
Practical knowledge and experience of National Organic Program and other programs and
certifications in areas of halal, kosher, and non-GMO. Experience in a food safety leadership role who has led food safety efforts for an organization. Ability to think collaboratively and build a network of internal and external resources. An out-of-the-box thinker regarding implementing preventative measures for microbiological, physical, and chemical hazards. Adaptability in any situation to keep up with trending Food Safety regulations and Global Safety initiatives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or a related science. A Master’s or Ph.D. degree is preferred
• Candidates should have 7-10 years of experience working in food safety and quality assurance roles within a food/beverage company
• Auditing experience
• Ability to communicate effectively and be able to influence at all levels of the organization
• Good technical writing skills to develop and improve policies and procedures
• Strong mindset for continuous improvement SPC knowledge is a plus
• Ability to travel to manufacturing facilities approximately 25% of the time
◦ Travel includes international travel
• ˝ Day Fridays in the Summer
• Onsite Fitness Center & Classes
• ManiPro, Dry Cleaning, Zippity Car Service, Onsite Dental Cleanings and many more…
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org