Food Scientist (New Technology – Product Science) –
Conagra Brands has the most energized,
highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt
marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands,
great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra
Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Position Summary: Under limited supervision drive
technical projects across all Conagra Brands
business platforms to contribute to the attainment of business results through
the generation and application of specialized knowledge of food science and
technology. Job Functions include:
- Identify and Lead Technical
Projects of Product, Package, Process & Supply:
- Identify opportunities for
competitive market advantage.
- New Innovative Technology
- ingredient, process, equipment
- Concepts from Vendors or
New-In-Market that are adaptable to Conagra
- Cost Opportunities, Improved
Efficiency and System Approaches
- Clean Label Functional Ingredient
- Technical Concept Generation
- New Ideas and Proof of Concepts
(Ingredient Functionality, Product, Package and Processing)
- IP Identification
- Strong Connection to Product
Development, Culinary, Marketing, Procurement and
- Cultivate & Leverage Key
External Partners – Industry, University,
3rd party research
- Formulate and execute the
development from benchtop to production scale for both new products and
product improvements. This would include cost savings initiatives,
flavor optimization, ingredient statement matching, nutritional profile
- Assist in identification and
approval of potential new ingredient and manufacturing suppliers.
- Ensure common sense and research
discipline are being employed and utilized in business decisions.
- Develops a close functional
relationship with team to review projects, contribute information, and
provide suggestions regarding product-processing requirements.
- Contributes guidance and
suggestions early in the product development process that will improve
delivery of functional product designs.
- Participates in pilot plant and
production plant testing with cross functional team.
- Prepares recommended
manufacturing procedures and quality measures to scale up product for
- Provides technical support for
commissioning and start-up operations.
- Revises and troubleshoots the
process as needed to ensure successful production of products.
- Prepares specs and compiles
associated quality control measures as applicable.
- BS in Food Science or related
field required. MS preferred
- Minimum 3 years
- Experience developing products in
a Food or Food Ingredient Company required
- Effective understanding of
principles of scientific investigation and constitution suited to the
practice of diligent observation.
- Demonstrated ability to
communicate well and to effectively interact with, and influence others
to accomplish goals.
- Occasional travel including
flying to all parts of the U.S., possibly overseas.
- Proven ability to trust and rely
on others, to display can do attitude even when going gets rough, and to
continually be personally accountable.
- Proven ability to problem solve
and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift
up to 60 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Driving a company or rental
automobile 4 – 6 hours as needed.
- Use of pilot plant equipment.
- Exposure to manufacturing
environments for periodic extended work days to include: loud
noise, heat, cold, wet and slippery conditions.
- Ability to move safely and freely
around machinery in both manufacturing and pilot plants.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity
employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to
sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status,
disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other
characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.