& Prince Seafood - Redmond, WA
King & Prince Seafood® is one of
the largest seafood companies in the United States with global links for
sourcing your needs thru Nissui. We have a passion
for our customers, a passion for seafood and a passion to be the best in
everything we do! Our goal is to help menu more seafood at
all times of the year. Our team is made up of exceptional employees
providing quality, innovative seafood solutions for the foodservice customer.
Currently we are searching for the
perfect candidate to fill the position of Food Technologist at our Redmond,
Title: Food Technologist
The Food Technologist applies food
science and engineering principles to enhance product development, quality
control, production technology, procurement and processing for King &
Prince Seafood. Provides technical support to R&D initiatives, culinary
professionals, QC lab, manufacturing operations and supply chain personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities .
- Prepares product samples and
conducts tests for projects and special requests.
- Simulates Manufacturing processes
in all sample production.
- Collects the appropriate data,
maintains accurate records and retains reference samples for prototype
- Assists with testing of
prototypes in Manufacturing.
- Prepares or assists in
preparation of products for customers as requested.
- Reports any findings in process
limitations during sample production.
- Provides information to
appropriate personnel for project inquiries.
- Establishes quality criteria on
competitive samples for duplication.
- Assists with research of current
processes, product improvements and/or cost saving opportunities.
- Assists manufacturing personnel
with data collection to meet quality expectations of new and existing
- Provides support to personnel in
the Research and Development department and laboratory.
- Provides troubleshooting support
at the plant level for operational improvements.
- Assists in the design and
development of product specifications consistent with manufacturing
- Leads maintenance activities such
as cleaning and organization of laboratory.
- Maintains accurate and up to date
inventories of raw materials.
- Knowledge of lab and pilot
equipment, including process equipment and product testing requirements.
- Solid technical knowledge of food
- Mathematics and scientific
weights and measurements.
- General understanding of food
laws and regulations.
- Duplicate formulas and make
changes to existing formulas to meet target flavor profile.
- Accurately document formulas,
specifications, and operating procedures.
- Ability to take initiative and
prioritize tasks; good time management, organizational, problem
prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to define problems,
collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to prepare concise action
plans and presentations.
- Willingness and flexibility to
adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Proficient in MS office and other
computer applications to access information, analyze data and solve
- Speak in public and interact at a
technical level with internal and external customers and industry peers.
- Effectively organize, plan and
- Self-directed with minimal
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science
or closely related field
- 3+ years of product development
experience in a food laboratory.
- Master’s degree in Food Science
or closely related field
Job Type: Full-time
- Product Development: 3 years