Senior Food Technologist
- Los Angeles, CA
Synear Foods USA
An established foreign food
manufacturer expands its business in the United States and is currently looking
for an enthusiastic, hardworking and detail oriented Food Technologist to
join our product development team. The Food Technologist will report to
Product Development Manager and assist with the process of new product
development and existing product enhancement.
- Participate in all aspects of
product development process from benchtop to commercialization,
including new ingredients/vendor sourcing, sample preparation, sample
testing, reformulation, plant trials, labeling,etc.
- Assist QA in writing up product
specifications and standard operating procedures.
- Assist with testing data
analysis and bill of materials (BOM) calculation.
- Design sensory evaluation
protocol, schedule and coordinate sensory evaluation of new products and
- Coordinate with other
departments for plant trials on existing products to ensure quality
consistency on a regular basis, and new products as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized
R&D test kitchen. Order the kitchen supplies as needed.
- Assist with troubleshooting any
product technical support for production in a timely manner to control
- Ensure that formulation, data
and reports are strictly controlled, and kept
securely and confidentially.
- Address any questions or concerns
on food quality to the management.
- Substitute for Product
Development Manager when the person is absent.
- Perform other duties as
- Bachelorís degree in food
science, food engineering, chemistry or a related field.
- Minimum one year of experience
of product development in food manufacturing industry. Previous
experience of Asianfrozen products preferred.
- Knowledge of ingredients
functionality, product evaluation, health and nutrition, food
manufacturing processes, microbiology, quality assurance principles, and
market research principles.
- Must be familiar with USDA, FDA
and other food manufacturing related laws and regulations if applicable.
- Ability to work flexible
schedule depending on the operational needs.
- Must be a team player with
excellent interpersonal, organization and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written
communications skills along with computer skills. (MS Word and Excel)
- Must be able to motivate,
coach, train, reward, and recognize employees.
- Bilingual in Chinese preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Research and Development: 1
- Los Angeles, CA (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)