Specialist – Dough Product Development -
Location: Solon, Ohio
Job ID: 17004414
for specific research and development activities. Develop and advance
expertise in strategic food science and technology areas as assigned. Provide
product development and ingredient expertise as a member of cross functional
- Formulate and develop new and
innovative products on the benchtop or in the pilot plant. Plan,
coordinate and conduct bench top, pilot plant and manufacturing plant
tests coordinating all necessary resources internal and external and
utilizing various trial, recipe and nutritional management systems.
- Utilizes PTC resources to develop
prototypes to deliver innovative consumer ideas.
- Consulting with equipment and
ingredient vendors on design and quality improvements, respectively.
- Provide technical and consulting
leadership for effective and timely project implementation.
- Develop new categories of
projects for Nestle for both retail and food service markets.
- Provide technical assessment,
prepare prototypes and conduct processing, shipping and shelf life
testing for consumer testing on new product concepts.
- Provide the product/food
technology perspective for the definition of specifications and design
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
- BS / MS in Food Science, Cereal
Science, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years food industry
experience (product development preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to
successfully identify, develop and launch new products.
- Excellent oral and written
- Ability to communicate with different
- Proven ability to lead and work
within team environments to achieve objectives
- Strong interpersonal skill.
- Focused on proactive resolution
and ability to adapt quickly to changes
- Ability to independently and
actively manage multiple projects with significant level of complexity
- Strong knowledge of ingredients,
process, equipment, manufacturing with the ability to bring them
together to deliver prototypes
- Firm understanding of the product
development process including pilot plant development, consumer testing,
factory scale-up, and commercialization
- Creative approach to problem
- Basic understanding of chemistry
of food products, analytical testing, formulations, and processing used
in food manufacturing
- Bakery or Pizza formulation,
processing, baking, or topping experience preferred
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action
employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: