Manager-Minimum 2-Year Experience - Merced, CA 95348
Richwood Meat Company
$62,400 - $83,200 a
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
Richwood Meat Company is an Employee
Owned meat processing facility specializing in raw machine formed beef
patties, bulk packages and a variety of primal cut meats. Our meats are sold
both wholesale and resale delivered with our fleet of trucks throughout
California and Arizona.
The Quality Assurance Manager’s
position is to ensure that all products produced meet regulatory and customer
- Responsible for a QA staff of
3. Assign workload.
- Oversee the development,
implantation review and on-going maintenance of the BRC total quality
- Maintain approved vendor list
includes; ingredients and packaging, auditing; follow up on corrective
- New vender and customer
specifications, new production product set-up
- Manage Label and Nutritional
- Review outsourced micro testing
results for environmental and raw material ingredients. Shelf life
- Manage COA’s
- Implement and maintain the
Master Sanitation program. Ensure that operational and pre-operational
sanitation is acceptable. Implement and develop verification activities
to verify the effectiveness of sanitation. Take corrective action as
necessary. Maintain associated documents.
- On-going GMP and food safety
training for plant production employees and supervisors.
- Respond to customer complaints.
- Maintain recall procedures and
- Communicate with maintenance
regarding food safety involving processing equipment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in
Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or equivalent
- Certified in HACCP and BRC
- Minimum 2 years Quality
Assurance Managerial experience
- Knowledge of regulatory
requirements for meat products
- Comprehensive knowledge of
USDA, FSIS, HACCP, SSOP and BRC requirements.
- Ability to be respectful,
approachable and team oriented.
- Strong decision making, problem
solving, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong word processing and
excel skills, ability to adapt to Canopy system.
- Office and plant setting. The
plant is cold and wet with moving mechanical processing equipment.
- Work schedule: Monday through
Friday day shift, weekend work as needed (special projects)
The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by person
assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May
perform other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $62,400.00 to $83,200.00
- QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER: 2
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
Company's Facebook page: