Specialist - Cerritos, CA
Hasegawa USA, Inc.
Responsible for assuring compliance of
T. Hasegawa’s flavors and products with appropriate regulations and serves as
a regulatory resource for both internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/MAJOR JOB
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and maintain raw
material documentation storage system which would include
preparing/organizing information for Optiva
upload; finalizing/creating documentation in Optiva
using the data uploaded for customer documentation.
- Create and/or update technical
data including specification sheet, nutritional, ingredient breakdown,
Allergen information, certificate of origin.
- Create other documentation such
as GMO, Organic, Vegan, etc. as requested.
- Review and complete customer
forms or specific customer request as assigned.
- Learn or work on areas such as
SDS creation, Reformation/Commercialization Regulatory tasks, Kosher,
Halal, Organic, Raw material approval process.
- Ability to work closely with R
& D, Sales, and Customer Service.
- If needed, ability to register
or approve alternate/replacement Raw materials
- Contact suppliers as necessary.
- Assist in maintenance of raw
- Completion of other tasks and
assignments as assigned.
This position does not have
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly,
organized, multitask, diligent, self-motivated and accurate
- Excellent written, oral and
- Microsoft Office knowledge
(Work, Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent data entry skills and
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES,
REGISTRATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food
Science, Chemistry or related field
- 2-5 years of Regulatory
Ability to read, speak,
write and understand English.
While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may be required to lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- Regulatory: 2 years (Preferred)