Food Safety Trainer – Sacramento, CA
DFA of California
The primary responsibility of
the Food Safety Trainer is to conduct food safety public trainings at food
manufacturing facilities and other public sites. The candidate will have
relevant food safety and quality assurance experience to qualify
them for further development in GFSI auditing platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and present food
safety training material to customers and the food industry.
- Maintain confidentiality and
impartiality in all aspects of work and adhere to all procedures
established by Safe Food Alliance.
- Ensure timeliness, consistency,
and accuracy in presentations.
- Maintain applicable professional
development and training qualifications required for training
- Exhibit professional behavior
appropriate to a food safety trainer, behaving with integrity, honesty,
impartiality, and reporting any potential conflicts of interest.
- Perform job duties in a timely,
thorough, objective and accurate manner.
- Bachelor degree in Science,
Biology, Chemistry, Food Science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
in a quality assurance role within a food manufacturing facility.
- Broad knowledge/experience of
fresh produce or food processing operations preferred.
- Knowledge of the fresh produce,
dried fruit and nut, dairy, beverage, and bakery industries is highly
- Strong knowledge in GMP s, food
safety practices and management systems, HACCP, QMS, and relevant
government regulations is required. Knowledge in GFSI benchmarked
schemes would be preferred but not a requirement.
- A minimum of 80% travel,
including overnight stays is required. Excellent interpersonal and
communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail.
Bilingual (English/ Spanish) preferred.
- Strong organizational and time
- Ability to adapt and be flexible
within a changing work environment.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office
(Word, Excel, and Outlook).