Coordinator - Salinas, CA 93901
Nunes Company, Inc.
Company, Inc. has
an immediate full-time position for a Food Safety Coordinator. This is an
excellent opportunity to join a large industry leading Salinas-based, grower
shipper and begin a career in the agriculture industry.
The Food Safety Coordinator is
primarily responsible for collecting water, soil and field product samples.
This position will spend the majority of the time in the field and harvesting
operations. The successful candidate will work among the Safety Department as
part of a team to monitor and evaluate the workplace to ensure compliance
with safety standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
the following as well as other duties and responsibilities, which may be
- Collects water, soil and field
- Interacts with growers to
ensure practices comply with Food Safety standards.
- Ensure all company food safety policies, SOP’s and SSOP’s are being followed.
- Maintains necessary compliance
paperwork related to food safety.
- Trains and effectively communicates
food safety policies to all company employees and growers.
- Helps to establish sanitation
program/standards that are consistent with Global Food Safety Initiative
(“GFSI”) standards, current Good Manufacturing Practices and all
Federal, State and Regulatory requirements.
- Conducts routine equipment
swabbing and analyze results.
- Conducts internal audits based
upon multiple audit schemes; develops and implements corrective action
- Follows company policies and
practices while representing company in an ethical and business-like
manner in all interactions with employees, government agencies, growers,
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Eagerness to acquire a good
understanding of the agricultural and cold warehousing operations of a
- Eagerness to learn how to
identify safety and health hazards and recommend improvements to
identified unsafe conditions, materials, equipment, etc.
- Eagerness to acquire knowledge
of Food Safety and Employee safety regulations (i.e. GFSI, OSHA, LGMA,
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Ability to identify and resolve
problems independently and with sound judgment.
- Computer literate knowledge and
proficiency of MSOffice (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) programs.
- Displays excellent written and
verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
necessary to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the
company and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- Consistently demonstrates
accuracy, thoroughness and dependability.
- Establishes and maintains
effective channels of communications with internal and external
- Self-starter and works under
- Must possess a current valid
driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Incumbent will be required to travel
to multiple locations throughout California, and will be required to relocate
to the Yuma Arizona area during the growing/harvest season, November
through March or as needed.
Competitive and comprehensive
benefit package offered.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan