The comprehensive food
safety information website
R&D Assoc Food Technologist - Austin, TX
Worker Category :Full Time
Sovos Brands is new kind of food & beverage company with a mission to acquire and build one-of-a kind brands. Sovos has the soul of a startup, the experience of an industry leader, and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the leading global private equity firms in the world. We will invest in and grow high quality brands such as Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods and Rao’s Homemade, in on-trend categories that consumers love.
Sovos Brands is seeking an R&D Associate Food Technologist, located in Austin Tx. Reporting to the R&D Technology Manager, this role will assist with the design, development and commercialization of new, refreshed and cost optimized products while ensuring our products maintain the integrity and quality expected.
· Develops and maintains ingredient specifications. Ensures Full and Accurate documentation of recipes at all stages of development.
· Stays abreast of the latest Food Technology, Food Safety government laws, regulations and policies and applies knowledge in development of new products.
· Designs, develops and commercializes new / refresh / cost reduced products to deliver AOP and stretch business goals on time, meeting cost and nutritional hurdles.
· Seeks to continuously improve production and RD processes.
· Ensures that strict hygiene food safety standards are met and quality programs are followed.
· Works with the RD Manager to plan factory trials, planning and leading trial meetings, ordering ingredients and packaging, collating factory ingredients, microbiological and nutritional analysis conducted, organizing and sending customer sales samples and setting quality attributes.
· Collaborate cross-functionally with Operations, Supply Chain, Finance & Sales/Marketing, to ensure products work within internal company and external customer environment.
· Bachelor's degree in Food Science or related technical field. Certified Research Chefs (CRC®) or Certified Culinary Scientists (CCS®) designation strongly preferred.
· 3-5 years of work experience in Research & Development; should be combined with demonstrated record of accomplishments.
· Must be a food aficionado; must be able to gauge texture, taste, appearance, and smell, upholding our “Gold Standard” for producing a stellar product.
· Demonstrates experience in frozen foods. Multiple product category knowledge would be preferred.
· Demonstrates technical expertise in food technology, food processing, and culinary skills, along with analytical, critical thinking and numerical skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and superior organizational abilities.
· May require some travel to vendors or customers.
PC-based computing experience (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mini-Tab).
We maintain a drug and alcohol free workplace. All candidates offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test. We participate in E-Verify. Sovos Brands is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Sovos Brands is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org