The comprehensive food
safety information website
Lab Supervisor/Physical & Analytical – CP Kelco – Okmulgee, OK
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Analytical & Physical Lab Supervisor is responsible for managing the analytical and physical testing areas of the Quality Control Laboratory. This position directs the activities of the technicians, plans and executes technical programs, and initiates new projects. To perform the job successfully you should demonstrate the capability to conduct independent studies, and to provide leadership and technical direction to technical personnel in the quality control area.
• Exhibit creativity in selection and modification of methods, coupled with a thorough and basic understanding of chemistry and a broad knowledge of other disciplines to improve process.
• Interprets information from various sources and recommends courses of action designed to address problem areas.
• Monitors, tracks, and interprets trends in quality data and provides recommendations to plant team for continuous process and product quality improvement.
• Manages laboratory practices, processes and quality / food safety management systems in accordance with current ISO 9001 and applicable GFSI standard requirements and customer expectations.
• Monitors controllable expenses such as overtime, laboratory supply expenditures, and looks for opportunities for cost reduction in these areas.
• Manages analytical and physical testing schedules. Provides leadership and technical direction to laboratory personnel.
• Directs and conducts the execution of a prescribed program for the periodic calibration and standardization of instruments and solutions. Reviews test methods and procedures on a periodic basis.
• Participates as requested in special assignments such as new method and technique development, cost studies, and providing expertise to other teams of the plant in trouble shooting chemical problems. May assign specific portions of problems to various staff members
• Responsible for Safety and Environmental compliance and assures the Quality Management system requirements, including GMP’s, are established and maintained.
• Stay abreast of technological advancements in an effort to improve testing efficiency and trouble shooting skills.
Your background should include: Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology and 5 + years of lab experience. Supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
CP Kelco is part of the JM Huber Corporation, one of the largest privately held, family owned companies in the U.S. With approximately $2.3 billion in sales, we have a combined material presence in more than 20 countries. We’re small enough for you to be recognized and make a difference every day, and large enough for your work to have global impact in multiple industries. We’re known for agility, expertise and focus as we connect the science of nature to solutions and product innovations. A reputation for high-quality products is our badge of honor. We’re proud of excellent safety record, commitment to sustainability and service to the community. Of course, we offer great benefits too, including a very generous 401(k) match.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com