The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Scientist - Test
Kitchen/Product Development Technician - Kansas City, KS
Spicin Foods, Inc.
Spicin Foods is a manufacturer of sauces
(barbecue, hot sauces, salsas, etc..). We are currently looking for a Food
Scientist/Test Kitchen to develop new products.
- Develop new products for co-pack,
private label and Spicin Foods Inc. branded
- Manage full scale-up of a product
from concept development to lab testing through the plant trial phase.
- Improve and/or simplify processes
used to make existing products.
- Ensure new and/or improved products
meet company and/or customer quality, sensory and price standards.
- Test new ingredient concepts,
working with procurement to make ingredient modifications when
- Develop and manage working
product specifications for each item that is scaled to production.
- Provide technical support to the
operations team in order to maintain and
- Maintain a working knowledge of
acidified food processing in order to
meet/exceed FDA standards.
- Participate as a member of the
company's Food Safety Team, ensuring that food safety and quality
standards are met.
- Support the Food Safety Team in
annual audits by State, FDA and GFSI certification bodies as needed.
- Conduct cost analysis on new and
- Facilitate vendor qualification
and complete vendor and/or ingredient risk assessments per FDA FSMA
- Assist in the research and
facilitation of technology improvements to the production area.
- Provide technical support to
customers as needed.
- Maintain a working test kitchen
schedule and juggle multiple projects based on priority, meeting
- Potentially travel to vendor
facilities to audit their process from time to time as needed.
- Develop and maintain a process of
label review and approval for all products at the plant.
- Demonstrated problem-solving
- Proven creativity and desire to
- Ability to work effectively in a
team-based environment with multiple functional groups.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple
projects in a fast paced environment, meeting
deadlines and communicating status.
- Food Science or related degree
- HACCP Certification preferred
- Knowledge of all-natural,
organic, non-GMO and other food industry trends
- no known food allergies
- PCQI certification preferred
- Experience in nutrition labeling
- Knowledge of FDA standards for
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- HACCP Certification (Preferred)
Copyright (C) All rights
reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com