The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Manager - Plant City, FL
· Continuously evaluate quality systems, and submit change recommendations to Corporate Research & Development (R & D).
· Oversee and implement safety programs (i.e. food safety, sanitation programs, HACCP and GMPs).
· Maintain compliance with all operating procedures including daily sanitation of processing room and equipment, pre-op sanitation check and operational sanitation programs.
· Ensure proper staffing, scheduling, training, delegation of duties, disciplinary actions and annual reviews of the Quality Assurance and Sanitation Departments.
· Facilitate all internal, second, third and regulatory agency auditing and facility inspections.
· Complete and submit corrective actions to auditing entity and also corporate R & D.
· Maintain compliance with company and customer finished product specs, special handling procedures, and production monitoring programs.
· Implement site specific protocols and procedures, referencing the Corporate Quality Systems Manual.
· Interact with customers on product development and problem solving projects.
· Manage internal laboratory complying with corporate policies, Environmental Protection Agency, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
· Manage the Finished Product Retain Evaluation Program, as well as the microbiological finished product testing, and environmental monitoring programs.
· Prepare periodic reports for Corporate R & D Department.
· Maintain open communication with all Managers and Corporate QA, to ensure that finished product quality processes are maintained at all times.
· Interface with the General Manager/Operations/Maintenance Managers for Quality Assurance issues, and establish Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), Standard Sanitation Operations (SSOP's) and Preventive Maintenance programs.
· Liaison between internal operations, sales and customers related to any food safety, quality and food security inquires.
· Coordinate and manage the Pest Control program, verification of services, maps, applicator license, and chemical usage among others.
Minimum Skills Required:
· 4 year College Degree in Agriculture, Food Science or related subject, from an accredited institution.
· 3-5 years previous work experience in similar position.
· HACCP trained and/or certified training, and hands on skills in microbiology.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook).
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task.
Preferred but not Essential:
· Bi-lingual: English and Spanish.
· Knowledge of fresh fruits and vegetables, food processing and quality programs.
***Please note: This position does not qualify for relocation expenses.***
Plant City, Florida, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com