R&D Supervisor –
Rain Beverage Co.
4 Year Degree
Talking Rain, the maker of Sparkling
Ice, is looking for a R&D Supervisor to bring fresh ideas and new
perspectives to our company. This role will be responsible for leading the
R&D lab and working with cross functional teams to execute formulation
projects from ideation through commercialization. This is an excellent opportunity
for a creative leader to join a team that develops great tasting beverages.
- Lead R&D formulation and
research projects through the finish line. Uses knowledge of flavors, flavor
chemistry and ingredient functionality to provide direction. Provide
technical expertise and support for formulation and technical issues on
- Support technicians during
product development including but not limited to new idea generation,
prototype development, product optimization, production start-up for
test market and national launching of new products.
- Work with vendors on formulation
projects to meet tight deadlines.
- Create project briefs and track
deliverables against every project in the lab. Keep management updated
on status of the projects.
- Work on employee reviews and
coaching, mentoring of the staff.
- Keep track of budget by project
and overall departmental budget.
- Interact and communicate with
connected cross departmental teams to ensure project success. Work with
other departments to meet project and company objectives.
- Actively identify opportunities
to solve product quality problems, to improve efficiency and reduce
- Utilize excellent written and
verbal communication and can provide decisive decision making during the
life course of a project.
- Contact vendors for related
information, as and when necessary. Work with supplier network to
deliver meaningful impact to the company (cost reduction, innovations,
- Utilize the ESHA Genesis R&D
Software program to determine nutritional and calorie information.
- Support Talking Rain’s Technology
strategies by documenting data and independent, unique and patentable
ideas that results from experimentations and concept generation
- Stay abreast of latest
developments in the field of food technology.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and
SQF practices are followed at all times,
notifying immediate supervisor of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Reports to: Director of Beverage
Direct Reports: Senior Food
Technologist and Applied Research Technologist
Values and Traits
- Hands-on to execute tasks a tactical and
operational level with the ability to switch to a strategic mindset
- Initiative to intuitively execute tasks
without the benefit of written procedures or requests.
- Passionate and positive to genuinely
love what you do, approaching each situation with optimism and energy.
- Creative to turn ideas, concepts, dreams
into reality. We are looking for people who bring fresh ideas and new
perspectives to our company.
- Energetic and enthusiastic when
executing plans and interacting with others.
- Collaborative to work as part of a team with
individuals and groups at all levels in the organization.
- High integrity, with the
ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, responding
effectively to inquiries.
- Commitment to excellence with an exceptionally
high attention to detail.
- Professional to express ideas in a respectful
and composed manner while being sensitive to other people’s
believes, positions, and overall personal brands.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize
data and deliver relevant information to enable results driven
decision-making, and achievement of goals.
- Ability to leverage emotional
intelligence to adapt style, vocabulary, and content to the
audience, with effective active listening skills.
Education and Experience
- Food science or related BS degree
with five to six (5-6) years of experience.
- Strong working knowledge of food
science principles, food manufacturing processes and ingredient
- Ability to employ advanced
interpretation of data and make recommendations
- A detail oriented, self-starter
who is adaptable and shows flexibility in approach to changing
- Excellent analytical, teamwork,
verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in
Microsoft Office products.
- ESHA/Genesis nutritional software
system knowledge desired but not required.