Food Safety Auditor
- Lansing, IL 60438
Land O' Frost
At Land OíFrost,
our brands of lunchmeat and specialty sausage products are recognized as one
of the nationís best- selling and trusted brands. We have accomplished this
through our incredible team of employees who are customer focused, motivated,
achievers, developers, and purpose driven. We are seeking more passionate
people to join our innovative team. Join our team and let your ambition
The Food Safety Auditor
independently verifies processes, product, and systems against standards to
determine compliance. Responsibilities include the completion of the standard
four phases of an audit from audit preparation through audit closure, along
with collaborative work with fellow auditors to implement best practices. Position
is on 3rd shift.
- Complete the four phases of an
audit: including audit preparation, audit performance, audit reporting,
and audit follow-up and closure.
- Record CAPA and conduct
follow-up investigations to close open audits.
- Analyze audit data to identify
trends and issue reports to management.
- Create/edit Manufacturing
Operating Procedures (MOPs) based upon audit findings.
- Maintain the plant SQF program,
understand the SQF code and create/edit audits to verify compliance with
that code, make necessary edits to the SQF database when codes are
- Prepare/support/lead third
party SQF Audits at each facility.
- Collect samples, organize, and
conduct product cuttings and report testing results.
- Evaluate raw materials and
finished products in response to failures or complaints and suggest
improvements to the Quality Manager.
- Document results for SSOP,
HACCP and other pre-requisite programs.
- Utilize databases such as CAPA,
consumer complaints, COQ, Retain & Release and plant metrics to
optimize audits and strengthen continuous improvement opportunities.
- 2-5 years of work experience
- Bachelorís degree in food
science and technology, biology, microbiology or other related
disciplines or High School Diploma with at least 3 years
of work experience in related field or industry.
- Experience with Safe Quality
- HACCP or HARPC certified
- ASQ Certifications, Green or
Black Belt certification strongly desired.
- Demonstrated and proven
knowledge of GMPs, MOPs, SOPs.
- Direct experience performing
customer audit standards.
- Knowledge of Non-GMO,
Gluten-Free, Organic programs and relevant government regulations is
- Strong computer skills,
including IFS, SharePoint and Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent communication skills
with internal/external customers.
- Knowledge of RedZone a plus.
- Available to work 3rd shift:
M-F, 10:30pm -7am, weekends as needed.
- Local and/or overnight travel
is required 10% of the time.
Job Type: Full-time
- industry related: 3 years
- Safe Quality Food Codes: 3
- GMPs, MOPs, and SOPs: 3 years
- Morning (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Preferred)