The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food R&D/Technologist - Woodland, CA 95776
La Tourangelle Inc
Desired:Project ManagementMicrosoft Office
Working hours: 7AM-4PM, Monday through Friday
Traveling required: 10%
NO Relocation Package
WHO WE ARE
La Tourangelle is a family producer of high quality, delicious artisan oils and salad dressings that inspire people to cook, create and unleash their inner chef. Steeped in the oil making tradition of the Loire Valley, La Tourangelle uses artisan French techniques to craft small batch, minimally processed, flavor-rich oils that are rich in nutrition and perfected in taste.. We are a team of hands-on entrepreneurs, drawing inspiration for recipes out of our own kitchens, crunching numbers to execute our operations flawlessly, and staging gorgeous shots of our products that attract the attention of bloggers, cooking enthusiasts and corporate buyers alike. Our artisan oils are expeller-pressed, Non-GMO, all natural and unforgettably delicious. Our clients include Whole Foods Markets, Amazon.com, Albertsons/Safeway, Kroger, Target, Costco Wholesale, Mollie Stone’s, Berkeley Bowl, and Rainbow Grocery.
I - General tasks
Due to our strong growth and focus on Product Innovation, we are searching for a motivated and passionate R&D Manager to join our exciting team. The R&D Manager is responsible for leading the processes of researching, planning, coordinating, and scaling new product development to production; overseeing product quality improvement while identifying new opportunities for the brand. First and foremost, this is a hands-on position. This person focuses on the effects of processes, equipment, and environment on ingredients and formulas. As a formulator, he/she understands and highlights the cause and effect of product/ ingredient/process changes and identifies effective solutions. As a manager, he/she collaborates with a cross-functional team on product development and improvement—leveraging emerging science and technology to meet the growth, quality and cost objectives of the business. Once direction is agreed upon, he/she organizes resources, processes, and people to execute initiatives successfully.
This position works closely with multiple departments including Quality Assurance, Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Accounting to ensure that all product formulations, processes, and specifications meet defined standards.
II - Duties & Essential Functions
- Create Innovation program for the R&D Team.
- Act as the single point of ownership for all new product innovation projects.
- Develop differentiated products of unrivaled taste, quality, creativity, and innovation within our current categories, as well as in new categories.
- Work with the Marketing team in the research of new market trends.
- Identify and complete technical study of ingredients, suppliers relevant to meeting project objectives and company standards. Partner with Procurement and QA teams to research and qualify suppliers
- Apply expertise to create new product opportunities and to overcome obstacles in new product design.
- Create new product designs based on Market needs, New Technology, Raw Materials, and Manufacturing Capabilities.
- Manage the technical leadership and development of new products and processes from concept to commercialization.
- Demonstrate technical ownership of all projects and products.
- Provide manufacturing support in pilot batching and scale-ups.
- Act as the primary plant technical point person for new products and/or test runs. Coordinates new project work with the management team.
- Think independently to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and changes affecting food safety and develop and recommend appropriate program changes to ensure governmental compliance.
- Manage a complete approach to product development, including consumer testing, ingredient selection, defining critical attributes, developing processing parameters, and final transition to Manufacturing.
- Work on multiple food development projects, both new products and improvements of current products,
- Proactively anticipate product and process challenges, provide creative solutions using sound scientific techniques and data-based decision making to solve challenges in development and commercialization
- Work closely with other departments (Operations, Maintenance, Quality, Purchasing) to determine equipment, materials and processes necessary to produce products to maximize capacity and optimize quality and differentiation.
- Assure technically sound sensory panels are conducted for product development, shelf-life studies, improving/maintaining present products and competitive testing
- Identify and make recommendations for process improvements
Survey the market and evaluate competitive products in the marketplace to determine market opportunities for new products and application recommendations for current products
Provide raw material information and formula to regulatory personnel to create nutritional and products analysis, and nutritional fact panels
III - Qualifications
- Bachelors degree with emphasis in Food Science/Technology or applicable field
- 3 - 5 years of product development experience (Natural Foods space preferred)
- Passionate about natural food products. Culinary minds.et a plus
- Prior experiencing with New Product Development / Commercialization
- Familiarity with alternative plant-based ingredients a plus
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize decisions and actions using problem solving and creative thinking approaches.
- Strong implementation and execution skills
- General business acumen
- Highly organized with strong, proven project management skills
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, can be scrappy, creative & resourceful while also building structure and process.
- Hands-on team player who collaborate with a team and can also operate independently
- Basic PC applications and Microsoft Office Skills.
- Curiosity and outstanding work ethic
Job Type: Full-time
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com