The comprehensive food
safety information website
Product Quality, Senior Program Manager – Whole Foods Market
Core Duties and Responsibilities
The Product Quality Program Manager leads the development and implementation of Exclusive Brands Product Quality metric programs and reporting. The Program Manager works with EB Procurement, Supplier Quality Assurance, Incident Management, Product Development, and Food Safety and Quality teams to perform or report on regular quality reviews, end of shelf life reviews and label audits. Product quality analysis and reports provide insight and guidance for potential product or process improvements. The reports are also used to provide feedback on supplier partner performance. This position is an integral part of the Innovation & Quality Team and primarily supports the Exclusive Brands team. The Product Quality Program Manager is part of the Testing and Product Quality sub-team.
· Manage product quality program that includes internal and 3rd party compliance cuttings, Supplier Quality Assurance review prep cuttings, increased monitoring cuttings, incident investigations, and product quality related corrective actions.
· Manage third party laboratory partners, the onsite product quality laboratory and associated analytical equipment.
· Must be able to drive product quality program execution by balancing resource constraints while being a champion for product quality.
· Select and agree upon the appropriate product quality measurement methodology and technique. This activity may involve discussions/negotiations with vendors, supplier quality assurance, innovation and quality sub-teams and procurement.
· Develop, review and present the analyses and reports that provide feedback to procurement, supplier quality assurance and other stakeholder on product quality measurements and vendor product quality issues.
· Lead the development and implementation of processes, procedures and programs for product quality measurement and reporting. Work with stakeholders to define and measure complex business objectives.
Develop and implement methods and procedures to assist in interdepartmental communication and project monitoring.
· Review and Interpret compliance cutting and analytical testing data and use this information to provide constructive feedback to vendors in partnership with quality assurance teams.
· Route any non-conformances and “out of specs” from product evaluations to appropriate persons for corrective action and resolution.
· Lead monthly product quality discussions with supplier quality assurance, incident management and product development.
· Confirm, track and resolve product quality incident investigations in partnership with incident analyst and supplier quality assurance; gather and provides feedback for process improvements.
· Lead product quality evaluations and end of shelf life sessions as scheduled and coordinated with the product developers and food safety and quality analysts.
· Track and trend product quality deviations and non-conformance of vendor expectations using spreadsheets, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) or Quality Information Management (TQIM) systems as determined by current process.
· Partner with Supplier Quality Assurance, Team Leads, and Merchandisers as needed to determine product acceptability and CAPA plans for out of specification test results
· Develop and revise applicable SOPs and provides compliance oversight and support to other departments upon request.
· Collaborate with product developers, quality, merchandisers, and vendors on testing specification management and harmonization of product attributes.
· Collaborate with Team Lead and Product Safety and Quality Analyst on interpretation of data trends, product improvement activities, and test results for product quality evaluations.
· Perform other miscellaneous product quality duties as necessary
Requirements and Qualifications
· Must have a related 4-year degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Chemistry, Microbiology or Quality Assurance with relevant experience in retail and/or food manufacturing environments
· 5-7 years’ experience in consumer packaged goods quality assurance
· Food quality measurement experience (2 years minimum) and passion is required
· Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills are required
· Effective project management, communication and organizational skills are required
· Proficiency with quality assurance processes and workflow
· Knowledge of food processing environments
· Good understanding of retail product lifecycle management is a plus
· Experience with natural and organic foods is a plus
· Knowledge of food labeling and FDA/USDA regulations is a plus
· Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Work); database experience is preferred.
· Ability to make decisions or judgments and know when to seek subject matter expert opinion.
· Ability to work effectively with little or no direct supervision.
· Ability to work well with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to have fun and enable others to have fun while achieving results
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com