The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager at Confidential company - Carrollyon, TX
Job Title: Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports to: Director of Technical Services
This position is responsible for overseeing the daily Quality Assurance operations to ensure that all products meet Quality and Food Safety Specifications so they can be released for shipment. Oversee the Quality Assurance Department while maintaining a positive work environment with Production, Maintenance, Warehouse and all QA Team Leaders and Technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
• Process Control.
o Create, implement, maintain and review procedures for sampling, inspection, and analysis.
o Recommend the instruments for quality measurement and maintain existing instruments to ensure calibration and accuracy of measurements.
o Assign employee tasks to achieve Quality Assurance Department goals and objectives.
o Coordinate with Production the Process Controls necessary to achieve quality and safe food products.
o Coordinate QA oversight with production process controls and methods to assure quality and food safety standards are met.
o Define the activities and job descriptions for QA Technicians.
o Work with Production Leads, Supervisors and Manager to implement all necessary Process Control and Process Instructions.
• Food Safety
o Champion the Food Safety Program.
o Manage the HACCP Program
o Lead and manage the Internal GMP/ Food Safety Inspection Programs
o Perform the functions of an alternate SQF practitioner and PCQI
o Function as an active and key participant in Food Safety and Quality Teams (HACCP, Recall, SQF, Complaints, Continuous Improvement, Audits and Reviews)
• Food Quality
o Manage quality prerequisite programs
o Manage Hold and Release programs
o Manage the SQF Quality Plan
o Recommend, support and manage Quality Improvement initiatives
o Train Quality Assurance personnel in QA assurance activities
o Train Plant personnel in GMP’s, Food Safety, Process Control for quality and related programs.
This position requires the ability to manage, communicate and to motivate personnel in the achievement of department goals and objectives. This position requires a dynamic, creative, analytical, and organized person.
• Bachelor’s in food science or related field and more than 5 years of experience in a food manufacturing quality function. Snack Food experience preferred and Bakery experience a plus.
• HACCP Certified.
• Certified as SQF Practitioner or ability to become certified.
• Certified as PCQI or ability to become certified.
• Ability to read and comprehend complex plans, procedures and manuals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Bilingual English and Spanish desired but not required.
• High mathematical skills including the solution of complex problems, statistics, algebra, equation solving.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
• Ability to think “outside the box” to creatively drive problem solutions and continuous Improvement.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings, nights and weekends as needed.
• Excellent organoleptic skills: taste, smell touch, hear for food quality evaluation.
• Understand the Principles of lean manufacturing. Be able to suggest tools for improvement, Kaizen, Sep, standard work, Visual Management and 5’s
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org