Quality & Food
Safety Manager - Strasburg, VA
The Quality & Food Safety Manager
is responsible to ensure that the products and processes are compliant to all
the quality and food safety standards promised to our customers, working
mainly on 3 aspects:
1. Material/Finished Product
- Ensure Quality & Food
Safety (QFS) of all products delivered to market, consistently meet
- Ensure material is available on
time to avoid supply chain disruption.
- Manage Hold & Release
process efficiently to maintain material/finished product under NT
- Work closely with Corporate QC
Lead to deliver accurate QC analysis and maintain QC competencies.
- Work closely with Corporate
Supplier FS Lead to address strong feed-back toward Suppliers about
2. Food Safety Management System
- Develop, maintain, validate and
revise annually the GFSI/HACCP Program, non-GMO, Organic & Kosher
Certification process; especially ensure compliance in GMPs,
Environmental Monitoring Program, Cleaning & Sanitation procedures,
HACCP program, Material/Finished product sampling & testing.
- Ensure QFS requirements are
understood and executed by employees.
- Maintain compliance and improve
execution on Cleaning and Sanitation practices.
- Build & manage a Plant QFS
Improvement Plan, consistent with plant needs and corporate directives.
- Organize audits Vs internal
& external referential, and uses them as improvement opportunities.
- Eradicate critical/repetitive
problems/complaints (internal or external) conducting root cause
analysis, risk assessment and strong PDCA corrective actions.
- Develop QFS team capabilities
and coach production management team.
- Ensure QFS representative is
present into production routines activities (daily, weekly, etc.).
- Align QFS Team to common goals
and related behaviors.
- Promote Risk Assessment and
“Built-in Quality” in all Plant projects: productivity, new products,
and new equipment.
- Audit supplier facilities in
the frame of the corporate supplier approval program.
- Contribute to increase QFS
knowledge and practices by sharing with other plants.
- Manage specific project/task to
contribute to QFS company goals.
- Material/Finished product
compliant with specifications/exceptions.
- Material/Finished product
release on time.
- Decreasing trend of consumer
- QFS mindset in all plant teams
(production, maintenance, etc.).
- Optimization of quality costs.
- Processes and system efficiency
- Team organization.
- 5 years’ experience as QA
Manager in the Food Industry.
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree
in Food Science/Technology or a related field.
- Strong experience in managing
HACCP program, including risk assessment.
- Knowledge and experience with
food regulation, FSMA/FSVP, GFSI Schemes (e.g. SQF, BRC) are an asset.
- High-level of attention to
details, self-starter and performs under minimum supervision.
- Very organized, good critical
thinking skills, problem solving ability.
- Comfortable in fast-paced
environment, with an ability to establish priorities, multitask, manage
workload and work under pressure.
- Ability to take decisions or
make recommendations while assuming the associated risks.
- Available to travel (10-20%).
- Good computer skills (Microsoft
Excel/Word). ERP experience is an asset.
- Strong English communication
skills (speaking, reading and writing).
Job Type: Full-time
- Food Regulations: 3 years
- Food Safety: 5 years
- United States (Preferred)