Sr. R&D Food
Scientist - Plano, TX
NPIC was founded in 1996,
manufacturing pet treats that are all natural, biodegradable utilizing
vegetable proteins. Our mission is to be the industry leader in pet treats
and the most trusted choice for pet related information, because we understand
that pets are family! That's why we make high quality, nutritious and
functional products to ensure the wellness, happiness, and longevity of all
We are seeking an Sr. R&D Food
Scientist who will be responsible for researching ways to make processed
foods safe, palatable, and healthy; and apply food science knowledge to
determine best ways to process, package, preserve, store, and distribute
food. In addition, analyze food content and find new sources for our product
- Check raw ingredients for
maturity or stability for processing and finished products for safety,
quality, and nutritional value.
- Evaluate food processing and
storage operations and assist in the development of quality assurance
programs for such operations.
- Study methods to improve aspects
of foods, such as chemical composition, flavor, color, texture,
nutritional value, and convenience.
- Stay up-to-date on new
regulations and current events regarding food science by reviewing
- Test new products for flavor,
texture, color, nutritional content, and adherence to government and
- Develop new or improved ways of
preserving, processing, packaging, storing, and delivering foods, using
knowledge of chemistry, microbiology, and other sciences.
- Confer with process engineers,
plant operators, flavor experts, and packaging and marketing specialists
to resolve problems in product development.
- Study the structure and
composition of food or the changes foods undergo in storage and
- Demonstrate products to clients.
- Develop new food items for
production, based on consumer feedback.
- Search for substitutes for
harmful or undesirable additives, such as nitrites.
- Maintain accurate records of lab
work, documentation of ingredients, and provide statistical evaluations
- Participate in planning,
monitoring and documentation of product trials leading to successful
commercialization of new products
- Provide detailed QC program of
existing and new product
- Participate in HACCP and SQF
training and documentation
- Masters in Food Science or related field of study
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in Food Science industry or related
field of work
- Preferred work experience in Pet
Food or Pet Treat industry but not required
- Detail-oriented and highly
- Excellent communication skills,
both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple
projects and meet deadlines
- Company paid medical insurance
- Company paid dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Company paid Life insurance
- Voluntary Life insurance
Job Type: Full-time
- Food Science: 5 years (Required)