The comprehensive food
safety information website
R&D Food Scientist - Vega Alta Municipio, PR
PAN AMERICAN GRAIN MFG
Pan American Grain is an agro-industrial company that has been operating for thirty years in the processing, manufacturing and distribution of grains, coffee, tomato sauce, juices and other foods for human consumers, animal feed, fertilizers and others.
Pan American Grain is looking for individuals who have a science background in beverages, sauces, flavors, formulas, seasonings and other areas.
The successful candidate applies scientific and engineering principles in research, development, production technology, quality control, packaging, processing, and utilization of foods.
Key responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Create finished product and processing specifications.
- Perform basic economic evaluations on ingredients, ingredients suppliers, and product formulations.
- Develop product formulations that leverages expertise in food chemistry and food ingredient functionality.
- Conducts basic research and new product research and development of foods.
- Develops new and improved methods and systems for food processing, production, quality control, packaging, and distribution.
- Studies methods to improve quality of foods such as flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, convenience, or physical, chemical, and microbiological composition of foods.
- Develops food standards, safety and sanitary regulations, and waste management and water supply specifications.
- Tests new products and develops specific processing methods in laboratory.
- Partner externally to source ingredients and leverage vendor expertise in ingredient functionality. - Participate in quality/product improvement and productivity initiatives.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring timely completion of project objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, influence and interact within a crossfunctional organization.
- Strong communication (both verbal and nonverbal) skills in Spanish and English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Education and/or Experience Bachelors, Masterís, or PhD in Food Science or related discipline.
Job Type: Full-time
††††††††††† Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
††††††††††† If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com