Developer - Dyersburg, TN 38024
Develey Mustard & Condiments
R&D Product Developer will lead
the development of Condiments, Sauces and Dressings for the US Dyersburg
facility. This particular individual will provide support on new recipes and
product innovation, renovations and cost savings improvement plans.
- Develops strategic products and
executes product development projects.
- Play a leading role in concept
to successful commercialization and verification of projects i.e. new
innovation, line extensions, product renovations, maintenance
and productivity projects.
- Develop flavor, texture and
nutritional profiles of condiments, sauces, salad dressing and other
- Provides support to guarantee
efficient manufacturing i.e. process development.
- Participate and executes plans
for plant trials and initial production start-ups.
- Interphase with marketing, QA
& Regulatory Compliance, Production and Maintenance teams. As part
of the cross functional project team, this individual will actively
engage and offer technical support.
- Create Consumer Based
Specifications for formula, processing and raw ingredient
- Leverages the total R&D
organization and stays connected to the US and other International
- Function to secure and
approving samples for Sales/Marketing submission ensuring sales sample
- Will lead discussions of the
R&D portion of progressive selling interactions with key customers.
- Performs other duties as
- Other Requirements:
- Use of pilot plant and lab
- Exposure to manufacturing
environments for periodic extended work days to include: loud noise,
heat, cold, wet and slippery conditions
- Ability to move safely and
freely around machinery in both manufacturing and pilot plants
- Computer skills (Microsoft
office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and ERP system).
- Must be willing to travel.
- Professional Qualifications and
- BS Degree in Food Science and
Technology or closely related academic background.
- 1 - 5 years relevant work
experience in R&D product development.
- Broad understanding in food
product development, formulation, ingredients and interaction, process,
scale-up, plant testing and commercialization
- Experience starting new plants
will be helpful.
- Being able to work
independently, without direct supervision, strategic and make decisions that improves or betterment of business
- Flexibility to manage and run
multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to build and maintain
strong work relationship; both internally and externally
Job Type: Full-time
- R&D Developer: 1 year