QA Manager -
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
FAIR OAKS FARMS LLC †
The Quality Assurance Manager is
responsible for developing and maintaining a system to assure that all
products manufactured by the organization meet customer specifications and
achieve superior quality and reliability levels.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the Quality Assurance
Department, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMPís) programs. Assist with the Sanitation
Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPís) and the Standard Operating
Procedures for the operations department (OSOPís) as needed.
- Develop and analyze product
specifications and quality assurance procedures to ensure compliance
with regulatory agencies and customer expectations.
- Responsible for translating the
Company objectives into calculations, requirements, analysis, or other
means understood by employees and verified by the process.
- Oversee the execution of work
performed by department personnel.
- Develop and maintain QA
- Maintain quality records,
including product identification records for stock recovery purposes.
- Responsible for ensuring
quality trends and current levels of quality for key product features.
- Responsible for identifying key
internal quality measures.
- Investigate and respond to
customer complaints in regard to product quality.
- Ensure the identification and
attainment of any controls, processes, equipment (including inspection
and test equipment), fixtures, resources and skills that may be needed
to achieve quality requirements.
- Ensure documentation of the
quality process during production process, inspection and test
- Update inspection and test
procedures as needed, including the development of new control points.
- Ensure the clarification of
standards of acceptability for all features and requirements, including
those which contain a subjective element (appearance, flavor, texture).
- Ensure the collection, review
and filing of quality records.
- Respond to USDA Noncompliance
- Maintain USDA Label Approvals
- Oversee internal R&D
- Responsible for QA internal and
- Temporarily assumes the duties
of the Director of Quality Assurance in their absence as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 yearsí experience in food
safety or similar role required, food experience preferred.
- Bachelorís degree in food
science, biology, nutrition, or a related field is required
- Strong math, analytical,
organizational skills, and ability to prioritize workload.
- Self-managed and highly
- Possess good problem solving
skills and sound judgment.
- Strong computer skills
including Microsoft Office
- Must have demonstrated the
ability to develop and deliver food safety training and HACCP programs.
- Good oral and written
communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all
levels are essential; bilingual (Spanish-English) a plus.
- Must be able to evaluate
information quickly, identify key issues, and formulate conclusions
based on sound, practical judgment and experience. Must have a strong
sense of personal ownership while maintaining a team-oriented
environment. Must be able to work effectively in a dynamic and complex
- HACCP certification is
- SQF or BRC certification is
Job Type: Full-time
- Bilingual: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year
- Food Safety: 3 years (Required)
- Safe Quality Food Certification