Quality & Food
Safety Supervisor - Yelm, WA 98597
Job Type: Full Time
- Provide direction and training
of the Quality Assurance Technicians on new systems procedures and day
to day activities.
- Develop and implement training
programs for the work crew as required.
- Participate in cross-functional
teams to identify effective corrective and preventive actions to improve
- Suggests and implements changes
in working conditions and use of equipment to increase safety and
efficiency of department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work
problems, or assists plant manager in solving food safety/quality
related work problems.
- Assist Food Safety Manger to
assure timely closure of audit items.
- Environmental Monitoring
- Traceability system document
- Maintain production and
received raw product records.
- Follow all food safety
Requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices as applicable to this
- Monitor, enforce and further
develop plant HACCP program.
- Ensure that safety rules,
production, and sanitation standards are met.
- Evaluation of the crew
- Conduct root cause analysis for
processing errors generated during all phases of the production.
- Customer complaint monitoring
and corrective action.
- Developing and maintaining the
SQF procedures and work instructions.
- Initiate SOP revisions as
needed to assure compliance continuous improvement.
- Perform review of related
- Prepares quality documentation
and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and
trends including failed Processes, recalls, corrective actions, and
- Maintain the Company’s quality
inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process
product and packaging.
- Ensure that all quality
assurance programs and procedures are being implemented correctly and
facility meets all required quality & food safety laws, regulations,
and corporate policies.
- GMO Testing on grains
- Compiles sales and production
- Performs other duties and
responsibilities as assigned.
Training Courses and Certificates
- Significant experience with
Quality & Food Safety in manufacturing setting
- Knowledgeable of environmental,
quality & Food safety regulations
- HACCP, GMP, and SQF
- Knowledge of FSMA compliance
- Strong auditing and assessment
skills, as well as the ability to effectively complete 3rd party and
internal audits and implement corrective actions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft
Office Products, including Email, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and some
knowledge of other computer software
- Strong written and verbal
communication skills, analytical ability, leadership strengths and
ability to work effectively with a team
Food Manufacturing 2 years
Quality Assurance & Food Safety
Sanitation 2 years
Job Type: Full-time