The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety Coordinator - Minot, ND
MAIN FUNCTIONS: The Food Safety Coordinator verifies quality and food safety management systems activities implemented at the plant level
REPORTS TO: Food Safety Manager
- Ensures implementation of quality and food safety management system programs in the facility
- Reviews and verifies quality and food safety records
- Maintains document lifecycle in the facility
- Participates in the review of hazard analysis and critical control point following HACCP principles
- Initiates investigation activities triggered by internal nonconformances, customer complaints, and audits
- Document Management
- Coordinates with key personnel to identify actions to be taken to address food safety issues
- Conducts facility audits and inspections as per defined frequency and as needed
- Acts as audit guide during third party audits
- Ensures the facility’s inspection readiness
- Reports food safety plant issues to Food Safety Manager, Plant Manager, Operations Manager and General Manager/Director
- Coordinates QFSMS issues during food safety meetings and toolbox meetings
- Prepares quality and food safety data for trend analysis and monitoring
- Participates in other validation and verification activities, as needed
- Provides support to food safety initiatives driven by Food Safety Manager, Operations Manager, Plant Manager, General Manager/Director and Corporate Food Safety
- Performs any other tasks assigned by Food Safety Manager
- Completion of Qualification Card/s for designated area and/or other job position/s that may be assigned.
- Uphold a quality-conscious and food-safe culture.
- Above average knowledge and understanding of applicable quality and food safety management systems standards (FSSC 22000, ISO 9001, Gluten-Free); product-specific standards (Kosher, HALAL, Organic, NonGMO)
- Understanding of applicable regulatory requirements
- Capable of conducting Investigations for quality and food safety related issues.
- Capable of conducting Internal Audits
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills
- Capable of presenting a professional image of AGT Foods to Customers, Auditors and Visitors.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Biological Science, Food Science, Agriculture, or any equivalent related science program
Job Type: Full-time
3 hours ago
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com