Development Technician II - La Farge, WI 54639
Job Category Quality Assurance, Research & Development
Position Product Development Technician II
Location La Farge, WI
Full Time Yes
Job Duties The Product Development Technician II will be
responsible for assisting in product formulation, sensory analysis, and the
day-to-day duties within the Product Development department. The Product
Development Technician will also work with the Production, Quality Assurance
and Marketing departments to support product quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer technical questions about
our ingredients, products, and processing facilities as posted on
Organic Valley intranet (respond to forum questions and aid customer
service as needed)
- Manage the online file system
for all ingredients and vendors
- Participate in the development
of product formulation, through approval of external vendors for all
ingredients and services
- Work closely with laboratories
for product testing, coordinating shipment of samples, and maintain
- Assist in sourcing ingredients,
coordinating laboratory prototypes, trials, and maintaining filing
- Apply scientific concepts in
conducting basic research and existing product research and development
- Manage and coordinate shelf
life program for current products
- Holds the confidential and
proprietary information received from CROPP in strict confidence and
exercises a reasonable degree of care to prevent disclosure to others.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain ingredients samples
library and ingredients specification files.
- Provide nutritional and
specification support to other departments as needed.
- Coordinate sample analysis and
- Perform laboratory analysis
such as pH, moisture, viscosity, and density and maintenance of
processing equipment in laboratory pilot plant.
- Design technical reporting
methods in excel to streamline data entry.
- Departmental budget tracking as
- Other duties as assigned by
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors Degree in Food Science, Dairy
Science (preferred), or related science degree & 1 years related
- 3 - 4 years of experience in a
food development lab.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft
Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills and
ability to be a team player.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and
- Must be able to taste and work
with milk, cheese, butter, soy, cultured and flavored dairy (may contain
alcohol residues) products, and dried dairy products.