The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety Manager - Mountain View, CA
Corporate - Management
About Bon Appétit Management Company
Bon Appétit Management Company is a diverse, growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to create an environment where all employees feel comfortable with fair and consistent treatment and equal opportunities. Bon Appétit is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veterans
The Food Safety Manager is responsible for developing and overseeing all of the food safety
regulations, policies, and procedures for Bon Appétit Cafés. The Food Safety Manager will help to
develop, implement and enforce security and food safety standards, policies, and programs
including HACCP, SQF, and GFSI, regulatory audits, food safety training programs, standard
operating procedures (SOP’s), product inspections, and standardized work instructions. In addition
to this, this individual will be responsible for effectively lead the implementation and execution of
the company’s safety strategy placing a strong emphasis on continuous improvement and
● Develop and provide training for food safety and quality requirements.
● Develop and maintain documentation such as SOP’s, as well as maintenance of manuals,
policies and procedures as relate to any food safety concerns.
● Update existing food safety procedures and documentation to keep up with changing
● Work closely with General Managers, Café Managers, Chefs, and employees to ensure
conformance to company standards.
● Verify critical control point procedures and parameters for completion as parameters for
completion as per established food safety program.
● Conduct facility safety audits as well as manage third party audits. Review all results in a
timely manner and based upon the findings, provide immediate feedback and support to the
● Assist employees with training and educating potential supplier to ensure compliance.
● Work closely with Operations Managers on any food safety or quality assurance issues.
● Oversee proper maintenance and sanitation of all facility to comply with food safety
● Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed and
documented correctly at all times.
● Document, investigate quality concerns, resolve and follow up corrective measures.
● Provide guidance and direction to Management team on Safety programs established by
● Work closely with Management team to ensure initiatives are properly aligned and executed
throughout Campus to meet safety performance goals.
● Compile, analyze and interpret accident and lost statistical data; make recommendations on
actions that will drive toward zero injuries.
● Assist with root cause analysis for accidents and incidents. Assist in development and
implementation of corrective actions.
● Ensure that corrective actions are thoroughly implemented and sustained.
● Continuously engage employees to ensure needs and compliance are met, enforce safe
behavior and a positive safe culture.
● Identify safety training needs, design, develop, and implement training programs as needed
to ensure continuous improvement of employee health and safety behavior and
● Excellence in time management and organizational skills with a high degree of initiative.
● Attention to detail and accuracy, sense of urgency and flexibility, requires limited
● Working knowledge of quality practices and procedures and the ability to coordinate a
HACCP Program and provide improvements.
● Knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations.
● Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
● Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
● Food industry experience
● Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
● Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
● Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
● Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating
work efforts with other employees and organizations.
● Ability to effectively communicate, motivate and interact with all levels within the
● Strong passion for great food and hospitality
● Ability to speak and present effectively in a group setting to Associates, Managers and Client
and represent the Google Food Brand
● Working knowledge of Google Applications
● Ability to work independently as well as in a team
● Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
● Degree in Food Science or related discipline
● ServSafe Certification
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org