NW Confections LLC (Wyld), a leading cannabis edibles manufacturing company
based in Clackamas, OR is seeking a R&D Food Manager/Food Scientist
who thrives in a fast-paced, team environment and is looking for an
opportunity to grow with our company.
The Food Scientist is
responsible for managing the design, development and testing of multiple
new products and optimizes the design and production of the current product
line. The Food Scientist will be responsible for helping develop and
implement Quality Assurance protocols on the current production line while
also help develop a food laboratory at the facility. The ideal candidate
must be able to work with some direction, but be able to operate
independently and draw on his or her own expertise in these areas.
- Supports the development of new
products and improvements in the production of current products.
Applies sound food science techniques to design products in accordance
with the Companyís new product development roadmap.
- Assumes technical leadership of
assigned projects from concept development through successful
- Investigates product and
- Provides creative solutions to
solve challenges in food product development and commercialization.
- Identifies opportunities for
product improvements and cost savings and sources of variation in
process and resulting finished goods.
- Improve formulations, processes
or equipment and make recommendations for improvement and identifies
testing procedures that provide performance diagnostics.
- Builds relationships with
resources within the co-packer/supplier organizations and keep current
with needs and capabilities. Technical Expertise and Idea
- Maintains current technical
knowledge in food production regulations, new ingredients, processes,
- Stays abreast of the
competitive products in the marketplace.
- Recommends and advocates new
- Evaluates relevant competitive
products to determine market opportunities for new products and
application recommendations for current products. Regulatory
- Maintains a working knowledge
of current state and federal regulations.
- Develops and obtains approved
labels for products developed.
- Provides raw material
information and formula to create the nutritional analysis, product
analysis, and nutritional facts panels.
- Two to five years of successful
experience in food and beverage industry.
- Bachelorís or Masterís degree
in Food Science/Microbiology/Biochemistry/Biology or related field
- Must possess a valid Driverís
- Exceptional customer service
skills and ability to work independently.
- Must possess excellent verbal
and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work
in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and set
high standards for accuracy.
- Must have demonstrated
experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational,
analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to maintain strict
confidentiality of all employee and company information.
- Fully covered Medical Insurance
- Fully covered Dental Insurance
- Fully Covered Vision Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to
- Food and Beverage: 2 years