Director of Conference Services, Hilton Meadowlands NJ - East Rutherford, NJ 07073
Essential Job Functions:
- Sell and reserve conference rooms and coordinate services for groups and organizations holding meetings, conventions and other events on hotel grounds.
- Act as onsite contact for all assigned groups, as well as working with the customer to produce BEO's and Convention Resumes.
- Ensures that all special arrangements-Food and Beverage, Audio Visual, and other requests are properly documented on BEO's and signed by authorized representative.
- Attend pre-conference meetings with clients and pertinent departments to confirm all relevant details are communicated.
- Understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Act as a liaison between hotel and groups, ensuring meeting space is appropriately set up, and handling any special client requests and activities on or off-site.
- Create group resumes sheets which detail group purpose, room/suite block/pickup, rates and special negotiations, VIP’s, meeting and recreation agenda, AV, accounting, and all special instructions to operational departments of hotel.
- Plan all group food and beverage events, including assistance with menu selection, decorations, entertainment, and audio visual.
- Address unexpected problems as they arise to make sure that the events go as planned.
- Attain pre-set monthly revenue goals for banquets, as determined by the Director of Sales and the Director of Food and Beverage.
- Meet clients upon arrival and introduce them to key hotel staff.
- Create Banquet Event Orders that include information for each groups’ meeting and food and beverage functions.
- Communicate last minute changes in group functions to hotel staff and ensure satisfactory follow-up.
- Plan and direct pre-convention meetings, as requested by client.
- Lead weekly group evaluation meetings, as needed, ensuring that other hotel departments understand their roles in upcoming group programs, and reviewing past performance for groups which have checked out.
- Follow all policies and procedures of PM Hotel Group and Hilton Hotels.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in conference management in a hotel of comparable quality.
- Must be knowledgeable of operations in all other areas of the hotel, but particularly in the kitchen and front office.
- Must be computer literate.
- Detail oriented. Organized and efficient. Safety-minded.
- High quality standards for production and service.
- Diplomatic and calm.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Good team player. Customer service focus.
- Able to work productively with little supervision.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)