HACCP Coordinator - Oak Creek, WI 53154
STELLA & CHEWY'S LLC
Under the general direction of and reporting to the company Director of Food Safety, the HACCP Coordinator is responsible for assuring that safe, quality pet foods are produced through maintaining the regulatory requirements of FSMA primarily focused on food safety plan management for Stella & Chewy’s, LLC products. The HACCP Coordinator will be responsible for food safety plan management including daily record review which includes taking appropriate actions when product issues arise by maintaining an accurate log of all food safety plan activities. The HACCP Coordinator will work with other department personnel and their management.
The person in this position is committed to assuring that Stella & Chewy’s, LLC produces safe, legal and wholesome pet food products that meet our consumer’s expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as department management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Develop and maintain food safety plans assuring that meet all FSMA regulatory requirements
- Responsible for all document reviews related to food safety plan requirements
- Responsible for growth needs and implementation of changes to food safety plans at manufacturing facilities
- Perform pre-shipment review and release of product manufactured at our facilities
- Ensures raw materials, manufacturing recipes, work in process products and finished products meet established food safety plan requirements
- Perform product testing as it relates to support of the food safety plans
- Manage co-manufacturing facility documents to assure maintenance and visibility of their regulatory compliance
- Manage business growth projects as assigned by the Director of Food Safety
- Abide by all safety rules and safety regulations as set by Stella & Chewy’s, LLC.
- Performance of job specific tasks as related by Quality Assurance department management
- Communicate effectively with operations, maintenance and sanitation groups .
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Requires education generally equivalent to an Associate’s or Bachelor’s of Science Degree in related food manufacturing field.
One to two years of experience within food processing environment is desired. Quality Assurance experience, SQF Certification, and Preventive Controls for Food Manufacturing certification is preferred.
Requires the ability to operate various office equipment to include a computer. Requires the ability to operate various software applications such as Microsoft Office platforms and an inventory management system. Requires the ability to use lab equipment and other instruments. Requires the ability to be able to flex work hours as requested. Requires the availability to work weekdays and weekends as needed.