We are hiring for an
enthusiastic and entry level Food Tech! Our ideal candidate has an interest and degree in Food
Science, hands on experience in a lab (and flavor skills a plus) and takes
initiative and is a team player.
Our company is
Protein Research. We are family-owned and a successful contract
manufacturing company for the nutritional industry nationwide. We work
exclusively with our clients to research, develop and create powder drinks,
pre-mixes, energy bars, dietary capsules, sachets and more.
As a Food
Technologist, you will support our R&D Manager in creating or following
flavor formulations and using scientific and sensory skills to test and
prepare flavor samples. You'll also provide flavor performance feedback and
follow good lab practices (such as cleaning up after yourself, good
organization, following lab protocols).
- Follow flavor formulations and
compound flavors with speed and accuracy
- Ensure product formulations,
processes, and specifications meet defined standards.
- Taste flavors and ingredients;
assist in applying flavors to food products
- Use sensory and tasting skills
to describe the profile of the flavor or ingredient.
- Participate in evaluation of
raw materials, new technology or processes, and flavors in food
products and provide timely flavor performance feedback
- Assist in sample preparation
- Maintain clean and orderly
laboratory and equipment with EH&S guidelines and GLP
- Maintain all required formula
records and brief documentation in database
- Maintain organized and updated
stock of raw materials and collection of flavors
- Work with other departments to
ensure smooth processing of sample preparation.
- Demonstrate scientific
curiosity & employ efficient time management techniques
- Develop information on new
materials and add to the formula and set up in DBA.
- Assist with Finished Product
Spec sheets for new products and pass to Quality
- Review stability on finished
products and work with PD to prolong shelf life if needed.
- Follows GLP and uses lab book
to record raw materials/finished products
- Updates R&D related documents
and keeps them current
- Bachelorís degree (B.S.) in
Food Science or related field
- Must be able to taste and smell
chemicals, flavors and food products
- 1-2 years in food industry with
flavoring and formulations experience
- Must be able to stand for long
periods of time in a laboratory setting and lift 50lbs.
- Strong math and measuring
- Ability to blend dry mixes,
organize laboratory and record and analyze statistical data
- Problem solving skills (using
- Experience with laboratory
environment, equipment and safety procedures
- Excellent written and oral
communication, including developing concise written reports
- Strong organizational,
problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage deadlines and
show flexibility with changing priorities
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proficient on MS Word, Excel,
Outlook and MRP Software (DBA Manufacturing)
- Working knowledge of regulatory
We are a family owned
company and it shows in the way we care about our employees. We offer a
modern work open door environment and because of our nimble size, our team
environment is collaborative and friendly. We're located in
close proximity to the freeway, in sunny Livermore.
Our employees have
generous benefits that include 100% paid health care for employee only, and
a large amount subsidized for dependents. We also offer vacation and paid
sick days, annual bonuses based on company discretion, and a 401(k) match.
Check us out at
www.proteinresearch.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- lab work (following GLP): 1
- food science: 1 year
- flavoring or formulations: 1