The comprehensive food
safety information website
FOOD SAFETY SPECIFICATION REVIEWER - Plano, TX 75024
JOB TITLE – FOOD SAFETY SPECIFICATION REVIEWER
DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES & REQUIRED SKILLS: (paste below or attach)
1. Support the Food Safety/Micro function by reviewing existing ingredient specifications to ensure they meet new internal standards. This will include reviewing new information from suppliers and updating PepsiCo specifications as needed.
2. Tracking status of all existing ingredients during the review and updating process and communicating to the Food Safety team and others on the project.
3. Conduct food safety review new ingredient, formula, sub-formula, and semi-finished formula in spec system
4. Quickly learn new specification system and understand the interaction between the suite of applications (Product Vision, Track Wise, Vendor Communication System, and PepsiCo Document Management System) and become an expert
5. Food safety reviewer will interact with spec writers and Product Developer to align key food safety requirements according to guidelines.
6. Serve as point of contact with LSU team on food safety discussions during supplier alignment process. Must be able create pragmatic and amicable collaborative setting with suppliers.
7. Manage PQQ process with Suppliers and complete timely follow-up to keep the process moving to completion
8. Interact with other disciplines approves to ensure complete and accurate specification including Product Development, Regulatory, Quality, Procurement, and Supplier Quality Assurance
9. Support maintenance of specifications on-going including parameter adjustments, adding new supplier sites, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Job Requirements:
HACCP and/or PCQI certification a plus.
5 + yrs in the food/beverage R&D industry.
Good working knowledge on food microbiology, food allergen, chemical hazards.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
* Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or Food Microbiology (other degree majors will be considered, based on each candidate’s overall resume)
* Experience working with specification systems. 5 + yrs
* Excel/Word/MS Outlook - Microsoft product proficient
* Ability to learn computer applications/programs quickly
* Good communication skills – oral and written (e.g. communication on telephone, external and internal to PepsiCo, managing with other support group functions, etc.)
* Self-starter and ability to work under pressure
* Good organizational skills
* Document control knowledge
* Attention to detail is critical for this position, but the ability to work quickly.
* Works well in a team setting, working with QA/R&D/FS/Reg work team on other aspects of project
* Good math skills
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $35.00 to $40.00 /hour
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com