The comprehensive food
safety information website
Auditor – Americas
Reports To: Operations Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities (if any): None.
Job Scope and Accountabilities:
The Auditor will be responsible to perform assessments in manufacturing and service industries against internationally recognized management system standards.
· Conduct manual reviews and pre-assessments to ensure that the requirements of the standard have been met and provide the appropriate feedback to the customer to address any shortcomings.
· Plan and arrange management system audits in accordance with internationally recognized quality and/or environment standards and SAI Global procedures and guidelines, including establishing audit schedules.
· Prepare audit plan using SAI Global audit planning program according to initial registration, annual/bi-annual surveillance or re-registration visits. Review previous audits if undertaking a surveillance, upgrade or re-registration audit, ensuring relevant elements are selected. Arranges all travel plans, provides directions and other relevant information to audit team members.
· Conduct audits, determining compliance of customer's management system to applicable standards by interviewing customer staff at all levels, completing checklist, and drawing conclusions on compliance, and documenting findings. Liaise with team members to determine validity of their findings in relation to lead auditor findings.
· Present findings to customers and prepares audit report. Advises customers of SAI Global requirements, such as the number of days to address non-conformances.
· Reviews all team members’ documentation for accuracy and completeness. Ensure all documents required by the respective standard are in place for presentation to the Registration Review Team.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of 5 years previous related experience in Food Safety, and/or auditing field.
· Valid drivers license to visit customer sites.
· Experience in a variety of food manufacturing fields, or the ability to quickly understand, learn and relate to a variety of industries and their customer's needs and requirements.
· Bachelor Science degree.
· Certification as a Lead Auditor preferred, with regular certification renewal. Will train the right candidate.
· Computer proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets and databases.
· Working knowledge of various management system standards and guidelines
· Excellent communication skills (verbal/written)
· Team player
· Ability to ask questions and present findings under sometimes difficult situations
· Strong organization, creativity and project management skills.
· Full commitment to conduct business with the utmost integrity and in full compliance with the law is absolutely essential.
SAI Global is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply to SAIGamericas_jobs@saiglobal.com
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com