Food Safety and Quality Technician - Milwaukee, WI
The Food Safety and Quality Technician will engage their passion for food safety to provide front line support to manufacturing by supporting operations to ensure alignment to all policies and practices in the Troubadour Bakery Food Safety Plan.
- Document SOP's for all Quality and Food Safety and related tasks for Troubadour Bakery.
- Participate in Environmental Management program by completing microbiological swabbing schedule.
- Audit Ready & Safety Driven – You will be conducting plant food safety and security audits and continually looking for food safety hazards or places to improve the plant and process. You will also be conducting daily product evaluation and employee training in food safety, HACCP, GMPs, and SOPs. You will be a critical on-shift team member and will communicate deficiencies and drive follow-up.
- Quality Control – You will provide on-shift guidance and support for all aspect of quality and food safety including validation of Certificate of Analyses (COA) for all incoming raw materials, response to Food Safety events, review and verification of Critical Control Points (CCP), execution of the environmental monitoring program, and inspection of all processes prior to start-up
- Ensures all Vendor Verification is current as required by the Supplier Management program
- Cross-Functional Support – That’s where you come in. You will also support plant projects, including new equipment and new products. You will have the opportunity to lead continuous improvement projects as well and take ownership for critical pre-requisite programs as an Internal Auditor. You will be part of a highly engaged team that supports an environment of learning and growth.
- Provides excellent level of customer service to both internal and external customers
- An associate or bachelors degree graduate in Engineering, Food Science, Microbiology, or Biology, or a related-degree and/or 3+ years experience in this role.
- An understanding of FSMA Regulations, GMPs, HACCP, Food Safety (PCQI preferred) and Allergen Management is required.
- Previous auditing and training experience
- Experience in food safety, microbiology, or quality assurance within a manufacturing environment
- Intermediate computer literacy in Microsoft software applications
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, reach, bend and lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and detailed information
- Experience and/or interest in Process Control, HAACP, and FSMA
- Able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Works in accordance with all federal, state, and local safe production facility requirements.