Assoc Quality Specialist - Food Safety Audit Team - Omaha, NE
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The Associate Quality Specialist - Food Safety Audits is responsible for supporting the food safety and quality processes and procedures and the day to day activities of the audit function. The person in this role will monitor and identify incomplete or missing requirements as measured against audit criteria for internal, contract manufacturing and supplier facilities. The person in this role will further provide support to Platform Quality, Contract Manufacturing Quality, and Supplier Quality to assist meeting their goal of continuous improvement.
- Conduct quality and food safety audits, individually or as part of a team, at Conagra processing facilities, suppliers, and contract manufacturers.
- Execute appropriate inspection criteria to determine degree of compliance.
- Take part in cross functional teams to assure effective implementation of food safety and quality initiatives and other processes, as necessary.
- Responsible for the sharing of audit best practices and deficiencies across the company to improve performance and scores at facilities.
- Knowledge of GFSI Benchmarked Schemes (namely SQF and BRC), GMP’s, Sanitation, Pest Control, Food Safety and HACCP systems, Training, Allergens, Operations, Personnel Practices and applicable programs/regulations.
- Assist in confirming Food Safety Plans (HACCP) are current, relevant, and executed effectively to meet Conagra standards, regulatory requirements (FDA and USDA), and prevent adulteration of product.
- Clearly and concisely capture audit findings to provide recipients with a report of unambiguous actionable items.
- Assist on audit summary calls as needed.
- May communicate with facility leadership teams and Platform Quality throughout all phases of the audit process.
- Assist in driving continuous improvement of the Conagra audit process.
- Gather and study data and/or provide technical support to understand trends and issues to make decisions and provide input related to product safety and quality in areas of assigned responsibility, as necessary.
- Incumbent must be able to work under direct or indirect supervision
- Must follow the travel and expense policy and in accordance with the budget
- BS in Food, Biological or Chemical Science or related field required.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years industry experience required.
- Knowledge of food safety, food manufacturing processes, technologies or other relevant area of responsibility.
- Sound report writing, with good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of government regulatory requirements in food (GFSI, FSMA, FDA, USDA)
- Demonstrated strength in setting a good example for others.
- Troubleshooting, data analysis, and investigative skills required.
- Ability to travel up to 70-80% of the time. Must be able to travel independently and as a responsible company representative.
- Ability to sit, walk and/or stand for up to 8 (or more, possibly) hours a day
- Climbing to various heights via stairs or ladders on a regular basis
- Possibly pushing/pulling various plant materials and/or equipment
- Will possibly maneuver in cramped/confined spaces
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for up to 8 hours (or more) per work day to include: loud noise, excessive heat, cold, wet, slippery conditions, dirt, fumes, smoke, smells and allergies
- Frequent bending and/or potential crawling; must be able to move safely and freely around machinery
- Travel by airplane
- Driving a company or rental vehicle for up to 8 hours if needed
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.