Quality Assurance Supervisor - Akron, OH 44319
Gardner Pie Company
Quality Assurance Supervisor
Director of Food Safety & Quality
Supervise all activities of Quality Assurance “QA” Department in a manner which ensures consistent food safety and quality of products. Be a productive participant in identifying potential issues in all phases of operations. Work with other members of the management team to develop and follow a plan of action that eliminates identified issues. Ensure a smooth working relationship between QA, management, and other internal and external customers, auditors, and regulatory agencies.
- Supervises and supports the Quality department. Tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
o Ensure compliance to Food Safety, Quality, and Supporting Programs;
o Daily review of paperwork submitted to QA from Operations, Shipping, Maintenance, and QA Technicians;
o Investigate product complaints to determine root cause and responsibility;
o Product label creation and revisions;
o Create and revise production & QA documentation as needed;
o Update/Create QA Standard Operating Procedures “SOPs” as needed and train affected Employees.
- Communicates between the QA staff and production supervisors/management to ensure that all are kept informed of issues found, corrective actions taken, and any changes to programs and procedures.
- Interacts with customers to provide assurance of product safety and quality, compliance to specifications, as well as all state, federal, or local regulations.
- Assist all departments with identifying the root cause of food safety and quality issues that arise.
- Review corrective actions and preventative measures that are developed to ensure that they are adequate.
- Trained as back-fill to Director of Food Safety & Quality for 3rd party inspections or audits (i.e. GFSI) and SQF Practitioner.
- Trained in all areas of the Quality department; trained as back-fill for the Quality Assurance Technician.
- Ensure internal food safety audits are completed and documented as scheduled.
- Assists with R&D tasks as needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
Food safety knowledge required. Previous experience interacting with USDA &/or FDA preferred. Experienced with GFSI Audits (i.e. SQF, BRC, etc.)
Active Listening, Computer skills, Coordination, Critical Thinking, Interpersonal Communication, Conflict Management, Working Relationships, Math Skills including ability to develop Statistical Process Controls (SPC) (preferred), Microsoft Suite including Pivot Reports (preferred), multitasking skills.
Verbal Communication, Written Communication, ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Quality Assurance Technician
Level of Supervision
Bakery Manufacturing environment; Facility works with the following food allergens: Wheat, Milk, Soy,
Peanuts, Tree Nuts (Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans), Coconut, Eggs.
HOURS FOR POSITION
Shift, Hours Shift
1st shift, Shift may vary upon seasonal & departmental needs.
Up to 5%
BS in Food Science/Technology, Microbiology, Chemistry or related field.
5+ yrs. Food Safety & Quality experience in a manufacturing setting.
3+ years Supervision setting required.
Gardner Pie Company is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
- Member of the Food Safety and Quality Committee.
- Orientation and Annual Training Trainer.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This position is eligible for the employee referral program.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisor: 3 years (Required)
- Food Safety & quality in manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)