Safety Auditor/ Trainer - Dollywood Theme Park - Full Time Year Round - Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
The Safety Auditor/Trainer is responsible for development/implementation for training of Safety Procedures, auditing of accident/incident prevention, auditing to ensure all training and documentation of that training is up-to-date and accurate in compliance with the HFE Safety Procedure.
Summary of Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Focus on incident/accident prevention, training, auditing, and identifying best practices
- Effectively train and implement safety policies and procedures.
- Spend minimum of 70% of time on park auditing for HFE Safety Procedure compliance and identifying potential hazards and recommending solutions to the Safety Team. This position requires a lot of time spent walking on hilly terrain. Other time will be spent training and instructing.
- Audit SMC operating teams to ensure training and operations are in compliance with the HFE Safety Procedure
- Review and make recommendations to the Safety Team Lead/Manager/Director on training programs developed by the various teams for their division.
- Responsible for coordinating SMC General Safety Training annually.
- Assist with conducting initial safety reviews and equipment training prior to set-up of special events and new construction projects.
- Provide emergency response in conjunction with the Safety and HIC/PIC team when needed, and serve as 101.
- Participate in the Parks Safety and What If Committees.
- Dollywood reserves the right to change and/or add to these duties.
Personality / Attitude Requirements
- Able to project Dollywood’s image by being genuinely friendly and caring and by taking pride in their work.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete work assignments on a timely basis.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information.
- Must display and live out our Lead With Love principles by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, and dedicated.
- Must be willing to constantly improve.
- Must have professional appearance with good personal hygiene.
- Must promote and support a “team” work environment by cooperating and helping co-workers.
- Must adapt to changes easily.
- Must tolerate a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Must show appreciation to others.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of our Guests and feel empowered to take action to meet their needs within company guidelines.
Essential Functions Necessary to Perform Job Duties
- Able to display and live out our Lead with Love qualities strongly rooted in the Dollywood culture by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, and dedicated.
- Able to tolerate temperatures of 0 to 140 degrees.
- Able to work outdoors.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, crawl, bend, reach high and low, twist and balance, negotiate elevated catwalks, walk, run, climb, walk up and down steep inclines or steps.
- Must be able to wear a full body fall protection harness & carry safety equipment in order to negotiate ride catwalks, lifts, platforms and others areas necessary to complete ride and building evacuation training and inspections at heights of up to 200 feet.
- Able to hear, see and speak.
- Able to speak, read and write English.
- Able to smile and make eye contact to make a friendly impression when greeting guests, vendors and other employees.
- Must have manual dexterity necessary to complete all job duties.
- Able to sit and/or stand for long/short periods.
- Able to maintain good personal hygiene.
- Able to get along with other employees to work out problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to comprehend instructions and retain information.
- Able to maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedules including any required overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Available to work at least 5 days/week and at least 40 hours/week required.
- Able to tolerate dimly lit, dirty, wet and semi-confined spaces
- Able to tolerate a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Able to be flexible to handle frequent changes in priorities.
- Able to prioritize tasks and complete assignments on time.
- Must be able to move, carry and/or lift equipment up to 25 lbs. alone.
- Must have depth perception and adequate or corrected vision.
- Must hold valid TN Driver’s License with current automobile insurance and drive company vehicles as required
- Must be able to work in all types of weather including temperature extremes, rain, sleet, snow, low and high humidity, sunny, dusty and dry conditions and working around various allergens such as pollen.
Must be able to tolerate and use chemicals such as cleaning supplies.
Educational & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
- Specialized training or Bachelor’s Degree in safety- related field preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required (Word, Power Point, Outlook, Excel)
- At least one year of working in a training/teaching position required
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations regarding occupational safety is required.
- Must have or obtain within two-years status as an Aquatics Facility Operator (AFO) or Certified Pool Operator (CPO).
- Must have or obtain within one year OSHA 511 certification.
- Must have or obtain within one year NAARSO and/or an AIMS Level 1 Certification.
- Must have or obtain within one year ServeSafe Food Handling Certification.
- Must participate in Ellis & Associates lifeguard training at DSC within one year.
- Must have valid Tennessee Driver’s License and state required auto insurance.
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, United States