Sanitation Program Manager - Denver, CO 80221
United Airlines Inc.
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The Catering Operations department develops, creates and provides the great dining experiences on board our aircraft.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Sanitation Assistant Manager will lead the Sanitation program for the Catering Facility. This role will develop, implement and maintain the site-specific SSOPs, EMP program and MSS to ensure compliance with applicable United corporate regulatory requirements (FDA, USDA, CBP, IFSA, ITP and DOD). The Manager is responsible for implementing, monitoring and ensuring compliance to the Sanitation programs. This role is the designated back up Preventive Control Qualified Individual (PCQI) for the kitchen operation. In addition, this role will be responsible for developing and implementing systems for the site to achieve and maintain FSSC 22000 and will sit on the site Food Safety team.
- Create SSOPs for all sanitation processes conducted in the catering operation
- Create, update and maintain the site MSS and ensure that it is followed
- Participate in third party and regulatory food safety audits and inspections.
- Drive investigations with a focus on root cause identification, working with the Catering Operations cross functional team on all environmental and sanitation issues identified .
- Drive continual improvement through implementation of innovative solutions utilizing technology.
- Subject matter expert on sanitary design
- Support the development and delivery of training for compliance with sanitation and EMP program
- Ensure that all changes impacting the sanitation program are thoroughly vetted prior to implementation.
- This includes commissioning of new equipment, introduction of new chemicals etc.
- Work closely with the Food Safety Manager, Food Safety team and kitchen process owners to ensure the facility is maintained in a clean and sanitary condition at all times
- Mentor and lead direct and indirect reports to develop their knowledge and skills
- Support financial budget for the department.
- Enhance and own the Environmental Monitoring Program to ensure that the site is audit ready. Lead the pre-operation process and manage the pest control program
- BS Degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Food Engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years in large food manufacturing facility as plant sanitarian within fast paced food production environment.
- Knowledge of FDA/FSMA, and USDA requirements for food production facilities.
- Knowledge of food microbiology, food safety and sanitation. Knowledge of the FDA Retail Code.
- Knowledge of product traceability and recall management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with personnel, customers, suppliers and other business contacts.
- Attention to details
- Strategic/Big Picture Thinking
- Working with frontline employees
- HACCP Certification
- PCQI Qualification
- Knowledge of GFSI scheme
- CFS Certification
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Previous experience with FSSC or GFSI scheme, ServSafe, FSPCA, and FDA/USDA audits.
- Auditor Certification
- Knowledge of IFSA and ITP requirements
- Knowledge of airline experience and catering operation
- Advanced computer skills with food safety software programs