Quality Control Specialist
The Safe + Fair Food Company
As the Quality Control Specialist, you will actively manage Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs at The Safe + Fair Food Company. Active management includes leading program implementation compliant to Quality Assurance and Food Safety. This is a critical role within the organization to ensure that Safe + Fair products maintain a position at the forefront of Food Quality and Safety within the industry. This role requires cross-functional collaboration with S+F leadership and team members from functional groups, such as: development, operations, and accounting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, revise, and update as necessary the company’s Quality Assurance manual and company policies related to food safety, quality, and quality matters to assure compliance to all food safety, quality, and regulatory requirements.
- Interact with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies during audits and other regulatory actions as needed, ensuring proper follow up, response, and resolution to all regulatory matters
- Responsible for ensuring company adherence to product specifications, good manufacturing practices, HACCP plan execution, and SSOP’s that govern plant operations
- Ensure that there is a robust procedure for product recalls / checks, which are clearly communicated
- Develop and implement proactive processes to mitigate and eliminate product discrepancies
- Accountable for approval of all product, raw materials, packaging, and process specifications
- Oversee monitoring, verification, and validation activities to ensure that all products released from manufacturing facilities meet all established standards
- Validate and measure supplier performance against quality related industry standards
- Maintain a database of ingredient specifications, up-to-date and accurate
- Manage certifications for products such as: gluten free, non-GMO, vegan, Kosher, etc.
- Serve as the interface between S+F management with third party food safety auditors, quality agencies, and other certification bodies
- The mission for all team members is the growth and success of The Safe + Fair Food Company and at times will require this individual to work outside of established roles and responsibilities
- Up to 10% travel may be required
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in food technology, food science, or related field is required
- Master’s degree in food technology, food science or related field is a plus
- 3 to 5 years of food / beverage quality assurance and food safety experience is preferred
- Familiarity of HACCP and allergen programs with required customer communication is required
- Familiarity of quality assurance data to measure product quality performance is required
- Familiarity with quality control plans throughout the supply chain is preferred
If you are interested in applying to an open position at The Safe + Fair Food Company, please send an email with this position as the subject header and attach both a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.