QA/QC Manager - East Hartford, CT 06108
BioSafe Systems, LLC
BioSafe Systems is seeking a high-energy, organized and detail focused individual to fill the Quality Assurance and Control associate role.
BioSafe Systems is a family owned company based in East Hartford CT and services the agricultural and Food Processing industry in North America. BioSafe Systems manufacturers green and sustainable chemical and biological control products as well as technology-based solutions for Food Safety, water and wastewater applications. These products are regulated by the US EPA and USDA / FDA as well as which comply with the various third-party certification entities.
The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take initiative. The Quality Assurance and Control associate will serve as a link between the company and our remote manufacturing sites to ensure products are manufactured correctly and safely. Excellent organization, prioritization, and communication skills are essential. The QA/QC manager will also interact with our customers to provide support and information that they may request, which may from time to time involve visiting customer locations.
- Act as a liaison between customer and internal and external Manufacturing Operations for resolving escalated complaints, regulatory inquiries and elevated and abnormal trends.
- Oversee and execute all engineering change requests and non-conformance
- Maintain lot control
- Oversee Out of Specifications program
- Work with Supply Chain on approving new sourcing strategies and raw material specifications prior to implementation
- Ensure specifications are in place and are current for all raw materials, packaging and finish product materials.
- Represent Quality assurance when new products or sites are developed
- Approve COA’s
- Maintain regulatory compliance and certifications (EPA, FDA, NSF, OMRI, etc.). Act as main point of contact with the manufacturing and distribution sites for any regulatory audits and inspections.
- Ensure compliance with packaging and transportation regulations
- Coordinate with Contract Manufacturing customers on all audits, agreements and investigations
- Develop, monitor and manage quality systems
- Independently and collaboratively develop and recommend improvements to process or procedures.
- Review data obtained during quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
- Provide monthly reporting and analysis on any quality trends
- Develop new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
- Keep management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
- Design and implement quality training programs for manufacturing partners
- Develop quality metrics and assess trends for product or process implications
- Critically evaluate current processes and continually identify ways to save time and money without sacrificing product quality
- Investigate product, and process deviations, identify root cause, and develop corrective and preventative actions
- Other Reasonable duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Critical Knowledge:
- Bachelor of Science degree, preferably in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Microbiology.
- 1 – 5 years’ experience with Quality Assurance / Quality Control – Food processing or Food Safety experience a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of statistical process control, statistical analysis, and quality improvement processes/tools
- Must have the ability to identify problems and opportunities in the related areas. Define, structure, plan, and implement improvement projects to satisfy site, business group, and corporate objectives
- Experience in a manufacturing/processing environment or as a quality auditor a plus
- The candidate must show the following traits: Excellent organization skills, motivation, detail-orientation and work well under pressure in meeting strict deadlines.
- Candidate must be team focused and exhibit a passion for continued success. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are imperative for this role.
- Candidate must have a proactive approach to identifying problems and providing solutions
- Ability to delegate and inform management of priority issues
- Knowledge of Chemical Processes
- All applicants must be eligible to work in US with a valid US driver’s license
- Background check may be requested
- Some domestic travel required (10% - 15%)
BioSafe Systems offers a competitive salary and a generous benefit package that includes: Paid time off, Health Insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision), Short and Long Term Disability, Company sponsored life, 401(K) with company match, and much more.
Apply below for a chance to become a part of our team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Food processing or Food Safety: 3 years (Preferred)
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)