Quality Assurance and Food Safety Manager - Annapolis Junction, MD
Taylor Farms Maryland, Inc
The primary role of the QA and Food Safety Manager is to ensure compliance with all relevant Regulatory Requirements and Guidelines for Food Safety in a Production facility. The candidate would also need to ensure compliance with all customer expectations, internal quality, food safety standards, policies, and procedures. The nature of this position requires flexibility and the candidate must be self-motivated and exemplify the ability to work as a team player, with the ability to interact across departmental and cross-functional boundaries, minimizing conflict and maximizing continuous improvement. Candidate must also be a strong leader.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Manage QA Supervisors and Technicians
- Mentor and train QA staff, which includes but is not limited to GMP, CCP, Food Safety, Quality Specification, Employee Safety, and Harassment Training
- Manage all customer complaints
- Conduct annual mock recalls per customer specifications
- Back-up HACCP Coordinator
- Manage all aspects of shelf life including documentation, trend analysis, and reports.
- Write all customer and product specifications
- Conduct all internal facility audits
- Manage all aspects of the Microbiological Sampling Program, Test, and Hold Program
- Manage Pest Management Company
- Monitor aa GMP and Food safety programs
- On-call 365 days 24/7
- 5+ years of work experience with Quality Assurance in a food plant manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- BS Degree in Science related field, preferably Microbiology, Crop Science, Biology, Chemistry and Agricultural Business and/or Food Service.
- HACCP- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point certification/formalized
- Experience developing and implementing a functional HACCP program
- Working knowledge of HACCP, Food Plant Sanitation, Pest Control, and GMP
- Knowledge of GAP requirements for farming operations desirable
- Specific audit experience with 3rd party auditors
- Experience developing and implementing raw, finished and environmental microbiological analysis programs.
- Experience developing and performing monthly facility audits
- Experience developing and implementing standard operating procedures
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Experience working with Regulatory Affairs (USDA and FDA)
- Enforce required PPE and OSHA requirements.
- Strong leadership skills Computer proficient Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
Indeed Hire and Taylor Farms Maryland, Inc are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- Supervisor: 3 years (Required)
- Good Laboratory Practices (GLP): 1 year (Preferred)
- Quality Assurance: 5 years (Required)
- Annapolis Junction, MD: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)