Quality Assurance & Food Safety Regulatory Supervisor - Salinas, CA 93901
Mann Packing Co Inc
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Food Safety Regulatory Supervisor will manage all quality programs associated with Food Safety Modernization Act and customer requests. The individual in this role must be comfortable working proactively and independently in a fast paced environment that is subject to long hours.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee Food Safety and Quality Management Systems. Plan, coordinate, and direct all quality, sanitation, regulatory and food safety programs within the establishment to insure compliance with company, governmental and customer requirements and expectations.
- Acts as customer interface with plant to review product performance, respond to questions and complaints, and work with operations to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Monitor FSMA regulatory activities and plant compliance with regulatory standards. Act as liaison between USDA and plant operations
- Enforce and maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) program.
- Assist with plant audits and perform internal audits
- Food Safety Team / Food Defense / Food Fraud
- Serve as a contact for customer product questions
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE/ DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 5 years of food safety/quality/regulatory experience experience in building, creating, and managing Supply Quality Assurance programs
- Quality Auditor Certification or ability to become certified
- BS and/or advanced degree in science or other applicable fields
- Experience leading and supervising team
- Solid understanding of USDA and/or FDA requirements (HACCP)
- Experience/knowledge in Microbiology, Food Safety (HACCPs and GMPs), Quality Assurance
- Ability to provide leadership and motivation to engage employees in the business
- Strong risk management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and ensure execution
- Lean manufacturing and strong troubleshooting and process improvement skills a plus
- Auditing experience and skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) certification strongly preferred.
- PCQI Certification
- SQF Practitioner Certification
- Up-to-date knowledge of State and Federal food safety regulations, relevant legislation, Good Management Practices (GMP) and Preventative Controls.
- Ability to communicate with multi-level audiences; bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Able to work under tight deadlines in a manufacturing environment and respond to "on call" hours as needed.
- Change Management - Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented - Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task at hand and consistently deliver error free results.
Work environment consists of regular exposure to a refrigerated food manufacturing facility with very cold temperatures (34-36 degrees F); routine exposure to the smell of chlorine, heavy machinery, forklift traffic and loud noises; occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions; regular exposure to an indoor, environmentally controlled business office; occasional exposure to an indoor, not environmentally controlled warehouse. Ability to sit for long hours and stare at a computer screen.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance Regulatory: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance