Food Technologist, Beverages-Princeton, NJ
- Manage/Coordinate flavor applications and associated technical support for project initiatives in the Beverage category
- Develop Beverage application bases to showcase Firmenich flavors and technologies
- Replicate products and flavor blends which already exist in the marketplace
- Acquires knowledge of our customer products and processes and applies this knowledge to the development of new product concepts
- Create new Beverage concepts based on trends for proactive presentations
- Project management - Manage briefs and champion required actions to meet project objectives
- Participate in work sessions with clients
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe laboratory environment. Facilitate lab maintenance, building and environmental safety standards as required
- Keep abreast of technical knowledge in terms of ingredients, formulations and processes relating to beverage products
- Maintain ongoing communications with customers, sales people and co-workers on projects
- Key Interactions: Account Manager, Clients, Flavorists, Marketing Managers, Business Development Managers, Techno Chefs, Food Technologists and direct line manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Technology or Food Science or other related fields. Master’s Degree in Food Science or other related fields preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Food Technologist
- Demonstrated technical track record in flavor application
- Technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Project management and time management skills
- Strong communication, computer and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to travel to customers
- Safe & ethical work standards
- High Challenge and High Reward Environment
- Culture that values diversity where people are at the heart of the company
- Opportunity to work for a company that cares about environment and sets and achieve ambitious sustainability objectives
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Firmenich is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
At Firmenich, we create an environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encouraged to reach their full potential. We foster entrepreneurial spirit and imaginative teamwork with freedom to act within our strategic plans. We recruit and develop the best talents, rewarding them accordingly. We offer competitive pay, career growth opportunities, and an outstanding benefits program that features:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Quarterly Bonus Potential!
- Retirement Plans!
- 401(k) with Company Match!
- Low Cost Medical, Dental & Rx & Vision Coverage!
- Tuition Assistance for Employees and Children!
- Flexible Spending Accounts!
- Tobacco-Free Campus!
- And Many More Employee-Friendly Programs!