Quality Assurance Technician - Yankton, SD 57078
American Foods Group, LLC
Cimpl Meats, LLC, an American Foods Group Company has opportunities for Quality Assurance Tech. You must have the ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with a dedication to quality.
If you are looking to advance your career, join the AFG family where you can be a part of providing quality beef products to over 40 countries around the world. Training is provided.
As Quality Assurance Tech, you will:
- Calibrate equipment
- Collect samples for testing
- Accurately prepare and process daily paperwork in an organized manner
- Perform visual line and finished product inspections to ensure conformance to specifications
- Place tags to hold or reject product, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications
- Notify supervisors or other personnel of production problems or stop production if serious product defects are present
- NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Perform a variety of specialized tasks in altering environments and the physical requirements of the job
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous quality assurance experience in the industry
- Have previous training in the following:
- Food Defense
- SQF, GMP, HACCP, and SOP
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Ability to work extended scheduled hours Monday - Saturday with daily overtime. Must be able to work overtime as required. Start times and hours vary based on production needs
- Fluent in Spanish and English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Strong project and time management, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, with a strong preference towards food manufacturing/processing
- Work history in the last 12 months
Cimpl’s, LLC an American Foods Group Company is a privately held meat processing company located in Yankton, South Dakota. We appreciate our employees and reward them for a job well done. As a member of the team, you will find yourself challenged and contributing in a significant way to the success of the business, and you will be rewarded for that success. If you want to feel appreciated for a job well done and be part of something bigger, then consider joining American Foods Group, a “hire to retire” type of company.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefit plan. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, PTO, 401k, Short Term Disability, Discount Meat Purchase Program, and more!
- Training, growth and advancement opportunities that will make this the best and last company you work for.
Check Out the Yankton, SD Area!
Improve your quality of life by residing in Yankton, South Dakota, a rural city located on the banks of the Missouri River. An abundance of recreational areas and amenities make it easy to stay active in Yankton.
The area also offers:
- Numerous water recreation options around Yankton including Lewis & Clark Lake, Lake Yankton, and the Missouri National Recreation River. Beautiful chalkstone bluffs along the shorelines provide the opportunity to view wildlife with scenic backdrops.
- Various parks that offer relaxing entertainment including fishing, hiking trails, and swimming.
- Year-round community events that the whole family will love.
Try to convince us that there is a better place to live and work other than Cimpl’s LLC in Yankton, South Dakota!