Quality and Food Safety Manager - Montebello, CA
Bimbo Bakeries USA
Apply at employer's site
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Food Safety Manager, as well as managing the Sanitation Department, is responsible to ensuring our customers are provided with the highest quality product as well as excellent customer service. This individual also has a responsibility to ensure and maintain a food safe environment through compliance to all requirements of programs/policies for Food Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, Quality, Workplace Safety, OSHA, Environmental, and as may be required by Plant, Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or program.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Implement, follow up and improve the BBU quality and food safety policies/system.
- Planning, coordination and execution of internal audits/inspections
- Coordination and participation in certification audits (GFSI/SQF).
- Identify and document best practices, ideas and information relevant to quality and food safety system.
- Identify, document and report any problems related to the quality, food safety and legality of the products.
- Provides training and mentoring to assure all bakery associates are fully capable of achieving Quality & Food Safety expectations.
- Collaborates, as needed, to develop the Quality and Food Safety capabilities of bakery personnel to enable them to drive towards zero Quality and Food Safety incidents.
- Provides oversight of Quality and Food Safety programs and evaluates for compliance through regular audits, inspections and risk assessments.
- Performs and/or coordinates analysis of process capability.
- Participates in investigations to determine and address root causes during special situations, quality failures, regulatory inspections, vendor (ingredient & packaging) related incidents, etc. to assure proper investigation, root cause analysis and resolution.
- Manage the Sanitation Department and the associated budget.
- Implement quality and food safety improvement projects.
- Promotes the quality and food safety mission with the HACCP team.
- Planning and participation in team meetings and follow up with staff areas.
- Performs data analysis trending reports and action plans for their KPI´s.
- Promotes and supports the use of quality tools such as SPC, Kaizen, 5-S, Problem Solving, etc.
- Oversees programs to reduce or eliminate consumer complaints (Quality and food Safety).
- Follows up on corrective action plans.
- Follows up on quality issues through finished product scoring, bakery data and consumer complaints.