The comprehensive food
safety information website
Environmental Microbiology Investigator - Georgia, VT
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Environmental Microbiology Investigator (EMI) will respond to out of trend environmental microbiology results through investigation to determine root cause. They will perform this by:
- Conduct additional sampling to determine root cause.
- Investigate impacted area to determine all potential sources and impact.
- Investigate activities conducted in area, traffic patterns, people movement, cleaning activities, sanitary design, etc.
- Document investigation activities and CAPA.
- Verify corrective actions.
- Track / trend environmental data and provide routine summary reports.
- Conduct investigative swab sampling activities focused on continuous improvement.
- Assist with routine environmental monitoring activities as needed.
The candidate should have experience with
- The preferred candidate will possess 6 years’ experience in Microbiology (Food Microbiology preferred). B.S. is required (Food Microbiology preferred), an advanced degree is highly desirable.
- The primary hours of the position are 8am- 5pm but the ability to work flexible hours based on the needs of the business may be required.
- Microbiological sampling in a production environment required.
- Experience conducting complex investigations and application of appropriate investigation tools to determine root cause and appropriate CAPA.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent Excel, PowerPoint and computer skills for data entry and presentation development.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work with multiple departments within the facility.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Must be able to bend, kneel, squat, reach on a regular basis. Occasionally climb ladders/stairs in an extremely hot environment.
- Knowledge of HACCP, Microbiology, Sanitation, and Chemical Safety.
Copyright (C) All rights
reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org