The comprehensive food
safety information website
Laboratory Technician - Nashville, TN 37210
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX; Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN; and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team capable of meeting our business goals.
1. Communicate to management when test results indicate that corrective action is necessary.
2. Prioritize samples as they arrive in laboratory.
3. Complete analytical testing and paperwork in a timely manner.
4. Enter all analysis into data base (TLC).
5. Learn new procedures as necessary.
6. Develop a thorough understanding of laboratory processes and procedures.
7. Attend all training and safety meetings as scheduled.
8. Comply with all safety, food safety, environmental, GMP rules, regulations and policies.
9. Attend scheduled safety and GMP meetings.
10. Packaging line Quality Assurance.
11. Finished product and incoming material testing.
12. Storage of production retains.
13. Communication with supervisor/lead person/Lab Supervisor of laboratory results or quality concerns.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Related Experience: Three (3) years’ previous laboratory experience preferred
Equipment/Software Skills: Basic data entry skills required
1. Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, Gather and analyzes information skillfully
2. Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, Pursues training and development opportunities, Shares expertise with others
3. Initiative – Volunteers readily, Seeks increased responsibilities, Asks for and offers help when needed
4. Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance
Sensory: Visual, speaking, and touch is essential.
Mental/Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org