Sanitation Supervisor - Fort Worth, TX
Bimbo Bakeries USA
Employment Type: Regular
Location: FORT WORTH,TX
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Directs, coordinates and controls the sanitation function within all the bakery operations. Responsible for the sanitary condition of the plant through plant management and supervisors, ensuring good sanitation practices and cost-effective programs. Implements sanitation policies, programs and procedures toward the objective of producing bakery products free of extraneous material and bacterial or other contamination, and complying with all regulatory and industry standards.
Responsibility to ensure and maintain a food-safe environment through compliance with all requirements of programs/policies for Food Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, Quality, Workplace Safety, IPM, OSHA, Environmental, and as required by Plant, Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1. Ensuring that General safety and Food Safety are absolute priorities by setting an example to others.
- Ensures that Product Quality is an absolute priority by utilizing IPM, plant teams, and outside resources.
- Supervises, trains and coaches manufacturing management to include responsibility for personnel and labor issues throughout the plant.
- Recommends to management any necessary changes in production methods or programs to elevate food sanitation, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Continually reviews sanitation procedures, standards and policies to ensure adherence to local, state and federal laws and codes governing safety, sanitation and labor relations. Assists and accompanies all federal, state, local and private regulatory inspectors.
- Supports the sanitation program at facility through training, scheduling, cleaning procedures, pest control procedures and methods and effective records maintenance.
- Assists in the implementation of employee training in sanitation procedures and safety matters as required by OSHA, SB 198 e.g. Hazardous Communication, Confined Space and Lock-Out/Tag-Out training.
- Assists in conducting plant surveys at facility quarterly and before outside (AIB) audits.
- Trains and assists Quality Control and Receiving in proper inspection and storage of incoming ingredients for evidence of insect infestation or any other extraneous matter.
- Assists in coordinating food safety procedures between Quality Control, Production and Shipping.
- Trains and provides direction and leadership to the Sanitation hourly associates.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the Food Safety and Quality systems.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the food safety and quality systems and other 3rd party audits.
- Supports the food sanitation program at all producing plants and other facilities, supporting company quality objectives, regulatory compliance and cost effectiveness.
- Understand, coach and teach the principles of the BBU Manufacturing Transformation, including lean tools, process capability and operational discipline.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Capable of teaching, training and sharing technical knowledge to employees within operations.
- Knowledge of Bakery operations and sanitation procedures.
- A high level of analytical ability is required in order to find solutions to difficult sanitation problems.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to learn new skills
- Functional proficiency
- Team-oriented person
Education and Work History:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Specialized or Technical training which may be obtained in specialized food industry institutions or equivalent work experience.
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Good organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR® Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel – propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.