Food Safety/Quality Assurance Restaurants Coordinator - Dallas, TX 75241
Food Safety/Quality Assurance Restaurants Coordinator (DFW) - (00012601)
Summary Description: This position leverages expertise in food safety and sanitation to further develop food safety culture in each restaurant and helps ensure compliance with applicable food safety rules and regulations. This role interfaces with Field Operations, Risk Management, and Training teams as an extension and specialized focus in restaurants. Serves as subject matter expert in retail food safety practices, maintaining an education-focused working relationship with restaurant family members (employees).
- Reviews issues needing resolution, performs timely, corrective ad hoc training to restaurant unit family members, initiates corrective action reports and develops preventative action plans.
- Conducts calibrations based on regulatory food safety guidelines and internal company standards/ requirements.
- Provides guidance for identified deficiencies in food safety violations in restaurants. Documents remedies, identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Escalates and rectifies critical food safety matters.
- Collaborates with Operations in development of Corrective Action Reports and Preventative Action Plans to ensure food safety standards in the restaurant are upheld.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in food safety and sanitation to Operations.
- Serves as a liaison between Whataburger’s Operations team and the pertinent regulatory authority, including advocating and negotiating on behalf of the Company with regulatory authority.
- Collaborates with Field Operations and Training on ensuring food safety standards are upheld while also allowing for feasible operating procedures.
- Maintains a working retail food safety visit schedule and travel summary.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health, Food Science, Food Technology, Microbiology, or other related scientific area of study or equivalent work experience required
- Experience in contributing to the management of projects is preferred
- 1+ year experience in food safety auditing, manufacturing facility or retail concept beneficial
- 1+ year experience preferably in restaurant industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to foster a food safety culture in restaurants
- Ability to identify and resolve food safety opportunities in a restaurant setting
- Advanced understanding of FDA Food Code
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Visio (as applicable)
- Proficiency in JD Edwards (as applicable)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Basic professional or theoretical knowledge and fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Basic understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
- Basic understanding of departmental structure and policies with a basic understanding of the cross- functional structure and policies of Whataburger Restaurants LLC
- Basic ability to delegate tasks and get work done through others
- Professional Food Safety Auditor Training beneficial
- Certified Professional of Food Safety in Training (CP-FS IT) beneficial
- Certified Professional of Food Safety (CP-FS) beneficial
- Certified in Comprehensive Food Safety (CC-FS) beneficial
- Certified in Food Safety Supplier Audits Credential (CFSSA) beneficial
- Registered Environmental Health Sanitarian/Registered Sanitarian (REHS/RS) beneficial
- Completion of Professional Food Safety Auditor Training or CP-FS IT within 1 year of hire required
WORKING CONDITIONS/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Expected to work the necessary time to satisfactorily fulfill job responsibilities
- Must be able to report to work timely and as required by operational/business needs
- Must be able to work a full-time schedule and work outside of normal business hours when necessary
- Must be able to travel at least 80% of the time, both locally and long distances (including overnight stays and/or air travel), to worksites, meeting sites, and other locations
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, submit to releasing a Motor Vehicle Record that adheres to the Whataburger standards and maintain current automobile liability at minimum levels in their state of residence
Work Locations: 8501 S LANCASTER RD 8501 S LANCASTER RD DALLAS 75241-6311